Jacobs Technology provides overall management and implementation of ground systems capabilities, flight hardware processing and launch operations at NASA's Kennedy Space Center in Florida. These tasks will support the International Space Station, Ground Systems Development and Operations, and the Space Launch System, Orion Multi-Purpose Crew Vehicle and Launch Services programs.
BS degree in area of specialty from an accredited college or university and thirteen (13) years relevant experience or any equivalent combinaton of education/experience for a total of seventeen (17) years.
- Serves as focal point for work requests of the group; plans, organizes, and coordinates the activities of personnel. Controls and reviews work to assure timeliness and accuracy of responsible functions
- Evaluates employee's technical skills using practical and written exercises.
- Performs random quality assessments of completed work orders to ensure procedures are being followed and work completed correctly.
- Develops and oversees an On the Job Training (OJT) program.
- Develops and supervises employee improvement plans.
- Establishes and maintains schedules for the group to be consistent with budgetary and time constraints with emphasis on safety of operations.
- Assists employees with problem resolution; counsels employees and commends, or reprimands as appropriate; conducts performance evaluation interviews; seeks interpretation of company policies as required and informs employees; enforces safety regulations.
- Serves as technical specialist and acts as a contributing member of management teams for policy formulation.
- Supervise maintenance activities of critical support systems.
- Conduct meetings to coordinate department activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Support all aspects of warehouse management and operations in support of the ISS, LSP, and GSDO programs.
- Supervise Logistics Specialist I personnel and coordinate staffing for all support areas at KSC. Requires proficiency with Microsoft Office, People Soft, GOLD, CribMaster, MAXIMO, and Solumina databases.
- General knowledge of Custodial Storage, Receiving, Warehousing, and Material Support Center processes required.
- Prior experience managing hazardous waste processes required.
- Requires use of safety equipment to perform duties.
- Ability to obtain certifications for 2-20K Forklift, Crown Manaboard, Sideloader, ESD, Working at Heights
- Requires a valid Florida Driver's License.
- Prior experience managing represented work force is preferred.
- Must be able to participate in presentations to the client.
- Ability to climb launch structures, stairs and ladders for Walkdown purposes
- Work will mainly be done inside, but fieldwork can be a combination of outside and inside depending on the project.
- Working at heights and in confined spaces may be required.
Equipment and Machines
- Computers and printers used for producing reports and schedules.
- Variety of equipment used in performing research.
- Must be dependable and punctual.
- Occasional overtime is required to meet demanding schedule
Other Essential Functions
- Must work well in a team environment and interface well with the client.
- Must be able to accurately communicate ideas in writing and verbal communication.
- Ability to obtain a security clearance, if necessary.
- Must comply with all "drug free workplace" requirements as mandated by directives issued by the appropriate federal contracting officer and the company, which requires drug testing for use of illegal drugs by employees in sensitive positions.