We have over 520 staff in multiple offices across the UK including London, Reading, Birmingham, Glasgow, and York. Our clients are among the biggest in the UK Rail sector including: Network Rail, London Underground, Transport for London, Crossrail. As a result we are working on some of the biggest and most significant projects in the UK Rail industry including: East Coast Mainline, TRU, Crossrail, EGIP and Manchester Metrolink expansion.
As a result we're looking for people who have the passion and drive to be involved with major projects within the UK Rail sector.
As a Senior Project Manager you will be working on major multi-disciplinary projects. You would be responsible for the overall management of the design teams, and the contractual interfaces between the Designer and Client Co-ordinator.
- Leading the multi-disciplinary design teams
- Liaising with clients and design team members
- Ensuring quality deliverables within scope and programme
- Supporting business development initiatives
- Developing and maintaining excellent client relationships
- Use your team to develop a schedule by identifying the activities which will produce the products. Identify the dependencies between these activities, and define the stages to ensure that we deliver quality (Do, review, amend, check, approve, issue).
- Prepare a competitive fee estimate:
- Resource-load the programme.
- Ensure that you understand the risks, and assign an appropriate level of contingency.
- Double check that we have accounted for all the required activities.
- Benchmark the fee with similar projects and eliminate 'nice-to-haves'.
- Manage the risks:
- Identify the risk
- Assess their impact and probability
- Assign the appropriate mitigation strategy and assign ownership
- Check that the actions are being undertaken, monitor their effectiveness, and act.
- Extensive project management experience of leading heavy and/or metro rail project multi-disciplinary design teams
- Qualification in Project Management: Prince2/MAPM
- Extensive experience in design and construct rail projects
- Ability to operate within various forms of contract
- Excellent communication skills with Clients and design team members
- Proven ability of successful major project delivery
Our clients want the real thing, and so do we. Join Jacobs, one of the Most Admired Companies in the industry. What sets us apart is our absolute belief in the power of you. Visit xxxxxxx for an opportunity to build your world.
Jacobs is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to the safety and well-being of all.