We are actively searching for qualified candidates for this potential opportunity. We are currently identifying candidates for this future effort. This position is contingent upon award of task order to Jacobs. Incumbent will be given preference and offered first right of refusal.
Visualization Planning Specialist (VPS) Job Description:
The Visualization Planning Specialist shall perform a broad range of mission support assignments and planning actions required to solve SOF challenges and other unique problems.
Job duties shall include:
- Innovative use of cognitive modeling techniques, advanced scheduling approaches, integration of new information management technologies and visualization development using ArcGIS and other similar computer based tools.
- Creation of decision matrix visualization tools.
- Assists in the planning and development of senior leader seminars and other events.
- Assists in analysis of strategic and operational issues and topics as they relate to events tasked to the WGC.
- Assesses traditional intelligence products, military operational activities, and field observations and studies from academia and recognized think-tanks to determine how to best apply interagency associated activities within the tasks of the WGC.
- Establishes, integrates, synchronizes and maintains coordination with other elements of USSOCOM and the Interagency (IA) in order to build collaborative communities of interest, which contribute to, or benefit from, ongoing WGC projects.
- Conducts visualization planning and design by obtaining resource data focused on customer objectives and goals.
- Operates designated WGC visualization systems and coordinates directly with briefers, moderators, and other personnel during event execution.
Minimum Education/Experience Requirement: Bachelor's Degree and five (5) years of operations, planning, or resourcing experience.
Required skills include:
- Direct observation of or participation in visualization planning and design.
- 2 years of strategic wargaming experience.
- 2 years of experience in plans development.
- Work history shall demonstrate 3 years of experience in the Special Operations Forces structure, Command and Control and the integration of the SOF enterprise within Department of Defense and the whole of U.S. government.
- Work history shall demonstrate 3 years of experience co-planning a variety of advanced strategic and operational perspectives utilizing customer input, informed by personal experience and expertise.
- Work history shall demonstrate 3 years of experience using ArcGIS and the Adobe Suite tools.
- Work history shall demonstrate 3 years of experience in the creation and modification of advanced computer graphics and images.
Must be willing to travel to various CONUS and OCONUS non-hazardous locations.
Must possess an active Top Secret/SCI Clearance.
Work will be performed inside a large facility. Work assignments vary based on client requirements. Position could require some night and weekend work. Travel is required to various CONUS and OCONUS non-hazardous locations based on client requirements.
Sitting at desk. Phone use and PC or laptop. Filing required. May require lifting and carrying boxes of supplies or files up to 25 lbs. Extended periods of sitting while on PC/laptop or phone.
Equipment and Machines
General office equipment, which includes: telephone, fax machine, copier, PC/laptop, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Work assignments dependent on requirements by the client. It is important to be able to work at least 8 hours a day for 5 days per week (Monday through Friday).
Other Essential Functions
Candidate must exhibit a professional behavior that promotes teamwork, fosters cooperation, and enhances productivity in the workplace. Must be well organized with the ability to coordinate, prioritize and execute multiple tasks simultaneously in a high-pressure environment. Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to work effectively with a variety of government, military and contractor personnel at all levels. Must be able to interface effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization. Grooming and dress usually business casual, but dependent on client's standards. Must not pose a safety hazard to employees working in the same general area.
The position for which you are applying for requires a US government security clearance. This is to advise you, that should you be extended an offer, if you possess a dual citizenship (i.e., citizen of the US and another country), in order to be granted a clearance you will be required to relinquish your citizenship in the foreign country.