JACOBS ENGINEERING INC. is one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of technical, professional and construction services. We are led by our simple yet essential core values; People are our Greatest Asset, We are Relationship-Based and Growth is an Imperative. Our Culture of Caring along with our core values form a solid foundation upon which our business is built.
JACOBS currently employs more than 60,000 people in 250 offices across 30 countries. Our European Region has been a key contributor to Jacobs' strong performance providing services to primarily in-region clients in a variety of industries.
Over the past two years we have been working on further growing our business by supporting current clients in new regions and attracting new clients. This growth is adding larger, international projects to our portfolio.
We are at the point where we need talented people with proven experience on large, international projects to help us continue this exciting growth in Switzerland.
With project working location in the Canton of Solothurn, the Jacobs' office in Switzerland is currently looking for
JUNIOR COMMISSIONING ENGINEER
We are looking to recruit the right caliber of Engineers with relevant industry experience to get involved in an interesting and challenging project as a Commissioning Engineers preparing commissioning and qualification protocols and executing qualification activities for plant equipment, facilities, utilities, process control systems, computer systems in consideration of Clients' requirements.
Duties and responsibilities
- Responsibilities include commissioning plan and protocol preparation, system walk downs and safety reviews, coordination with construction / suppliers / owners, commissioning protocol execution and reporting.
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience performing the duties listed above on a pharmaceutical project and with knowledge of EU pharmaceutical regulations.
- Utility systems to be commissioned include electrical power switchgear and distribution (including backup generators and UPS), air compressors and compressed air distribution, water pretreatment, cooling towers and tower water distribution, chillers and chilled water distribution, boilers and steam / condensate distribution, heating hot water, HVAC, and BMS (building management system). GMP systems to be commissioned include WFI (water for injection), clean steam, autoclaves, parts washers, and cold rooms.
- Preference will be given to candidates with hands on experience commissioning 1 or more systems listed above.
Education and technical competencies
- Engineer with 1 to 10 years of experience commissioning industrial or pharmaceutical facilities. Preference will be given to candidates with valid Swiss or European certifications.
- Degree or equivalent in an engineering related discipline
- Ability to work as part of a team, liaising directly with client and other project team members.
- Fluent German and English languages knowledge is a must. Knowledge of Italian and/or French language could be a plus