JACOBS ENGINEERING INC. is one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of technical, professional and construction services. We are led by our simple yet essential core values; People are our Greatest Asset, We are Relationship-Based and Growth is an Imperative. Our Culture of Care along with our core values form a solid foundation upon which our business is built.
JACOBS currently employs 66,000 people in 250 offices across 30 countries. Our European Region has been a key contributor to Jacobs' strong performance providing services to primarily in-region clients in a variety of industries.
Over the past two years we have been working on further growing our business by supporting current clients in new regions and attracting new clients. This growth is adding larger, international projects to our portfolio.
We are at the point where we need talented people with proven experience on large, international pharma projects to help us continue this exciting growth.
With project working location in the Canton of Solothurn, the Jacobs' office in Switzerland is currently looking for
PROJECT COORDINATOR - FIELD PROJECT ENGINEER
Primary Job Responsibilities
You will be responsible for development and execution of the design on site. You will coordinate and monitor the preparation of several documentation by different stakeholders as you will support other key roles such as but not limited to: Project Managers, Constructions Leads, Procurement Specialists.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Co-ordinating all Engineering design activities and liaising between home office in order to maintain an efficient information flow.
- Assisting the Project Managers in all assigned activities, typically this shall include assistance with, and co-ordination of, process design, detail design, procurement, cost engineering, planning, construction, pre--commissioning and commissioning.
- Monitor overall quality of the designs' implementation, schedule and cost, lessons learned, commissioning and closeout activities.
- Liaising with Discipline Engineers and Procurement/Subcontract Leaders.
- Monitor scope compliance in all stages of the Engineering process.
- Mediate between various key stakeholders and interfacing departments.
- Chairs project schedule reviews and coordination meetings.
- Communicate schedule plan and deliverable/milestone dates to discipline team members.
- Prepare Engineering Quotes to communicate schedule and cost commitments to the customer.
- Escalate/Communicates issues/risks/barriers to upper management.
- Ensure compliance with Company Quality, Environmental, Safety and Health procedures.
Skills / Qualifications
- Completed University degree in a Technical/Science and proven track record in a project delivery role within Engineering, which normally includes some years of experience acting as a Project Engineer
- Project Delivery
In addition, the candidate must possess the following:
- Fully awareness of the technical and commercial obligations of the contract, to ensure that they are understood and implemented by the staff in his area of responsibility
- Successfully lead and coordinate the design of pharmaceutical projects and gain Clients recognition
- Experience in coordinating multi-office projects
- Ability to motivate specialists and discipline leaders on defined goals
- Capacity to control and monitor design, procurement support, and vendor follow up are basic requirements
- Leadership, commitment and strong technical background
- Excellent problem solving and team working skills including being able to rapidly engage with a team
- Fluent German and English languages knowledge is a must. Knowledge of Italian and/or French language could be a plus
- Availability to frequent travels or short/long term assignments abroad is required by the position
- Strong communication skills
- High level of Safety Awareness