Jacobs is actively seeking System/Software engineers in Orlando, FL to support the acquisition of USMC training systems in the live, virtual and constructive domains. Projects are in all phases of the acquisition process from development to disposal.
Will be involved in all detailed phases of DoD system engineering work through the selection and adaptation or modification of techniques, procedures, and criteria. Thoroughly reviews all results from assigned tasks and determines if outputs are complete, correct, integrated with project objectives, and adequately documented. This position requires a firm understanding of training acquisition programs, life cycle support planning, configuration management processes, and sustainable engineering practices which lead to reduced program costs.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Working in an Integrated Product Team (IPT) environment and effectively communicating with co-workers.
- Drafting, reviewing, and/ or revising technical documents related to acquisition (i.e. Statement of Work, Project Work Statements, and Specifications).
- Drafting, reviewing, and/or revising documents related to engineering acquisition artifacts.
- Review and validate project engineering designs and system performance for existing and emerging military training systems.
- Perform requirements analysis, requirements verification, functional analysis, functional and physical verification, performance verification, and systems analyses on training systems and enhancements.
- Provide technical expertise and engineering support for planning, coordination, administration, execution and equipment preparation to support all test activities that include review of test plans and procedures; test data collection, reduction, analysis, and reporting; and participation in test events.
- Planning and developing test processes and procedures for evaluating and demonstrating new and emerging capabilities and interfaces.
- Provide technical expertise for integration of training systems using High Level Architecture (HLA) or Distributed Interactive Simulation (DIS) protocols.
- Overseeing the design, technical documentation and implementation of training systems.
- Lending support guidance and technical input at IPT meetings, Technical Interchange Meetings (TIM), Systems Engineering Technical Reviews (SETR) and Government testing events.
- Reviewing and providing comments on formal project Contract Deliverable Requirements List (CDRL) artifacts.
BS degree from an accredited engineering school plus ten (10) years related engineering experience.
- Ability to work with others to understand requirements, collaborate on development, and receive user feedback.
- Military training system experience is highly desirable.
- Experience with DIS/HLA integration or CTIA based products is highly desirable.
- Experience with software development environments in Windows and Linux systems is desirable.
- Previous development, integration, or testing of military training systems is a plus.
- Must be competent in the MS Office software suite (Outlook, Word, Power Point, Excel).
- Working experience with systems engineering tools is desirable.
- Good oral and written communication skills are required.
- Must be self-motivated, able to work independently and have strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills are required.
- Position will require frequent travel.
- Must be able to provide proof of US Citizenship.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance.
Generally an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on task. An inside environment may be a cubicle or within a NOC (considerations: close quarters, low to moderate noise, bright or dim lighting). Outside work may include various environmental conditions including warm and cold climates. Needs to be able to work well with co-workers and all levels of management. No hazards on job or unusual environmental conditions. The position is located in Orlando, FL.
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Position may require filing, typing, and reading from a computer screen. Must have sufficient mobility, included but not limited to: bending, reaching, turning and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner. Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds. There is a possibility that due to parking availability and location of work, walking moderate to long distances may be required.
Equipment and Machines
Ability to operate office equipment such as a personal computer, printer, copy machine, telephone, fax machine and other equipment including desk supplies and other work related tools as required.
Work hours are normally 8 hours per day and 5 days per week, Monday-Friday. Regular attendance of scheduled hours is extremely important. Punctuality and regular attendance are necessary to meet deadlines. Must exhibit flexibility of work hours to adjust to surge situations based on critical mission requirements.
Other Essential Functions
Must demonstrate professional behavior at all times when dealing with customers, management and co-workers. Must have clear, concise and accurate communications skills in English, both verbal and written. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk to employees or others. Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a professional manner. Independent personal transportation to office or work site is required. Travel to and from customer's locations and the test fields may be required to support projects. This may involve airline travel. In some cases, accommodations can possibly be made for POV, if necessary. When operating any vehicle for work purposes, must wear seat belt and in addition, no cellular devices are to be used when vehicle is in motion.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Jacobs does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by country, regional, or local law. To view the DOL's Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster, please click here .
: United States-Florida-Orlando