Jacobs Technology is looking for a highly-motivated, energetic self-starter to join the Air Operations Center Weapon System (AOC WS) Production Center at Langley AFB as a Tactical Communications System Administrator. The candidate will join a team of experts responsible for installation, integration, upgrading, troubleshooting, documenting and supporting certification and test of Tactical Communications Systems on the AOC baseline. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Research candidate systems or candidate system upgrades for prerequisites, dependencies, and required integration tasks.
• Implement candidate baseline upgrades in a controlled lab environment according to coordinated and scheduled tasks in a detailed Integrated Master Schedule.
• Utilize a centralized trouble ticket management system for issues found and employ rigorous troubleshooting techniques to determine root cause(s) and resolve or mitigate impacts, as possible
• Document detailed repeatable procedures for baseline implementation (includes pre-planning, installation, post-configuration, data migration, operations, and maintenance) and specify media requirements.
• Support all phases of testing for functional suitability and effectiveness, IA certification and accreditation, and interoperability, as required.
• Maintain baseline documentation and media artifacts for allocated systems by responding to documentation redlines and supporting Help Desk trouble tickets, as required.
• Foster a collaborative working relationship with Tactical Communications system providers, industry representatives, and AOC stakeholders in other functional areas of program execution.
• Recommend candidate future AOC baseline upgrades through proper CM channels.
• Strong technical skills are a must, as well as the ability to work well under pressure on time-sensitive projects with significant visibility to the government customer
• Relevant experience in the installation, configuration and troubleshooting of AOC baseline Tactical Communications systems and associated infrastructure components, including at a minimum, JADSI and JRE. Detailed experience in the integration and deployment of Line Of Sight (LOS), Beyond Line of Site (BLOS), High Frequency (HF), and Tactical Satellite (TACSAT) systems. Additional Tactical Communications experience is desired, including among the following: TRS, CT-II, PRC-117G, WAVE, URG-III, LVT 11, PDS-M, and TPG; Windows 7, Windows Server 2008, RHEL, Solaris. Experience with relevant scripting languages desired.
• Hands-on user familiarity with BAE Remedy ARS or comparable trouble ticket management system
• Excellent communication and organizational skills required
• Security + certification is required
• Experience with systems integration in a virtualized environment, with specific experience utilizing VMware and Citrix tools preferred
• Experience with Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) 2007 is desired
BS degree and 10 years of experience; MS and 8 years of experience; or PhD and 3 years of experience required.
Candidates must be a U.S. Citizen and possess a current Secret clearance.
This position may require travel of 0-25.
Generally an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on task.
Work may involve sitting for extended periods. May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs. Must have sufficient mobility to enter areas of manufacturing and military sites or facilities where necessary.
Equipment and Machines
Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, fax, etc.), and/or other industry-specific equipment.
Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is critical. Ability to work outside normal schedule and adjust schedule to meet peak periods and surge requirements when required.
Other Essential Functions
Must be able to work in a team atmosphere. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must be able to travel when necessary to accommodate customer and program requirements.
The position for which you are applying requires a US government security clearance. This is to advise you, that should you be extended an offer, if you possess a dual citizenship (i.e., citizen of the US and another country), you may be required to relinquish your citizenship in the foreign country in order to be granted a clearance.