The Buildings & Infrastructure (B&I) Line of Business is a global network of approximately 11,500 employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
At Jacobs our Plumbing Designers work on various projects as assigned by a Project Manager or Lead Engineer. This position will play a role in the entire design process including but not limited to preliminary assessments, concept creation, design, problem resolution, drawing and specification production, and customer and vendor accessibility. The Designer may work on several concurrent projects and at times may assist as a technical expert on a specialized design.
- Facilitates design concepts; prepares documents during design development phase and detail design phases.
- Prepare engineering studies and schematic design for new systems and analyze operation of existing systems.
- Uses computer aided design technologies to develop sketches, drawings, and construction documents.
- Works with equipment suppliers/vendors to obtain the necessary information needed for design completion.
- Interacts with clients regularly to secure scope and design intent.
- Ensure acceptable levels of quality and checks for coordination of work to assure documents reflect design intent and necessary coordination.
- Coordinate all aspects of project document completion within company and externally with clients and other design professionals.
- Coordinates design work with related engineering disciplines.
- Attend job and construction meetings and participate in the coordination of the work.
- Technical or Associate Degree from an accredited technical institution or college in plumbing/HVAC engineering/design required
- Knowledge of all aspects of plumbing/HVAC systems required
- Seven plus years of experience in a MEP Design Environment required
- Proficient with Revit, AutoCAD or other plumbing/HVAC software required
- Previous project leadership experience in a MEP environment preferred
- BS reduces experience requirement by 1-2 years
- US Citizenship required
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.