Jacobs serves the PharmaBio, Chemicals, Refining, Pulp & Paper, Power & Utilities, High Tech and Consumer Products Industries. Our core life sciences network has contributed to becoming the largest provider of engineering and construction services to pharmaceutical and biotechnology clients and we have established ourselves as the center of excellence for Pulp and Paper facilities. Jacobs provides full-service engineering, procurement, and construction management services for both new and existing facilities, offering environmental and water / wastewater support, energy audits, and hygienic / sanitary assessments. For projects of every scale we provide design, engineering, construction, commissioning, and maintenance services that support a facility's entire life cycle.
Our Green Bay and Appleton, WI offices are currently seeking Lead Electrical Controls Engineering professionals.
Scope of responsibilities will include:
- Lead the development of new and/or modification of existing machine control hardware and automation software. PLC, Motion Control/Servo, and VFD software programming Development of machine vision system software, DCS software, and HMI software may be included for candidates with the correct skill set or desire to learn
- Lead or contribute to the development of project proposals
- Conceptualize and estimate machine control and industrial automation hardware and software development effort. Adhere to project standards for design and documentation
- Support hardware and/or software designs from conception through development and lab testing Lead teams to complete projects per scope, schedule, and budget expectations
- Travel to the customer facility for installation, check-out, and start-up as required
- Lead and assist others in troubleshooting software and hardware issues throughout the project life cycle
- Report status to the project manager in an accurate and concise manner
- Actively engage in personal and team development/improvement efforts
- Contribute to department resource planning, recruiting, and project staffing decisions
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Operational experience and design application knowledge of Allen-Bradley PLC, Motion Control/Servo and VFD hardware, including edit-level software capabilities. Experience with RSLogix 5000 is required.
- Familiarity with Delta V and/or Honeywell DCS Systems is desirable
- Familiarity with HMI Systems from Wonderware Intouch and/or FactoryTalk View ME/SE is desirable
- Familiarity with other PLC platforms such as Modicon, Giddings and Lewis, Reliance Automax, and Siemens S7 is desirable
- Application-based experience and design/configuration knowledge of industrial communication networks including Ethernet, DeviceNet, ControlNet, and SERCOS
- Manufacturing data integration and management, along with SCADA and machine vision application experience
- OEM equipment integration experience and electro-mechanical aptitude. Pneumatics or instrumentation experience is helpful
- Proven experience maintaining effective and positive relationships with engineering management, project managers, project teams, clients, OEMs, and vendors
- Experience in the Pulp/Paper & Tissue, Food & Beverage, or Consumer Products industries
- Experience working in a matrix organization is desirable but not required
- Approximately 10 years of machine control and automation hardware and/or software experience required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- BS or MS in Electrical or Computer Engineering. Equivalent experience may be considered
- 10- 20% Travel will be required
Position is eligible for relocation assistance
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.