Jacobs is actively seeking Civil Engineers in Orlando, FL to support the acquisition of USMC Ranges and training systems in the live, virtual and constructive domains. Projects are in all phases of the acquisition process from development to disposal.
The candidate independently plans, schedules, conducts, or coordinates detailed phases of DoD system engineering work through the selection and adaptation or modification of techniques, procedures, and criteria.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Providing expertise in solving complex engineering and technical challenges in the analysis, design, development, procurement and testing of training systems, training environments and training services.
- Demonstrated expert knowledge of civil, mechanical, electrical, and facilities design and operation with expertise of architectural, life safety, fire protection, telecommunications, and power requirements analysis.
- Thorough review of all results from assigned tasks to determine if outputs are complete, correct, integrated with project objectives, and adequately documented.
- Conduct site assessments, Site Surveys and cost analysis for facility enhancements.
- Performs requirements and specifications analysis, systems requirements definition, statement of work definition, architecture design / review, construction supervision, and sustainment analysis.
- Coordinates findings with site personnel and other public works, military engineering services, and labor units as part of an Integrated Project Team (IPT) monitoring progress and resolving design or construction related issues related to project progress and completion.
- Collects, reviews and comments on training system documentation including facility reports, safety assessment reports, and as-built drawings and operational manuals for site training systems.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field from an accredited college or university and at least ten (10) or more years of progressive and relevant experience.
- Engineering experience in the USMC, Army, or other DoD Target range environments is highly desired.
- Experience with AutoCAD is a must.
- Defense Acquisition University (DAU) certifications a plus.
- Experience with RSMeans is a plus.
- Must be competent in the MS Office software suite (Outlook, Word, Power Point, Excel) with SharePoint experience.
- Good oral and written communication skills are required.
- Must be self-motivated and have strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills are required.
- Position may require frequent travel.
- US Citizenship is required.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance.
- A current Secret Security Clearance is a plus.
Generally an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on task. An inside environment may be a cubicle or within a NOC (considerations: close quarters, low to moderate noise, bright or dim lighting). Outside work may include various environmental conditions including warm and cold climates. Needs to be able to work well with co-workers and all levels of management. No hazards on job or unusual environmental conditions. The position is located in Orlando, FL.
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Position may require filing, typing, and reading from a computer screen. Must have sufficient mobility, included but not limited to: bending, reaching, turning and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner. There is a possibility that due to parking availability and location of work, walking moderate to long distances may be required.
Equipment and Machines
Ability to operate office equipment such as a personal computer, printer, copy machine, telephone, fax machine and other equipment including desk supplies and other work related tools as required.
Work hours are normally 8 hours per day and 5 days per week, Monday-Friday. Regular attendance of scheduled hours is extremely important. Punctuality and regular attendance are necessary to meet deadlines. Must exhibit flexibility of work hours to adjust to surge situations based on critical mission requirements.
Other Essential Functions
Must demonstrate professional behavior at all times when dealing with customers, management and co-workers. Must have clear, concise and accurate communications skills in English, both verbal and written. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk to employees or others. Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a professional manner. Independent personal transportation to office or work site is required. Travel to and from customer's locations and the test fields may be required to support projects. This may involve airline travel. In some cases, accommodations can possibly be made for POV, if necessary. When operating any vehicle for work purposes, must wear seat belt and in addition, no cellular devices are to be used when vehicle is in motion.