The Challenge? Help support our Transit and Rail clients and have a hand in transforming tomorrow.
The incumbent is responsible for performing in a fast paced high energy team environment, managing the execution of reporting activities for large scale rapid transit and regional rail programs, related to construction, engineering/architectural, professional services, vehicles, equipment, materials, and related administrative contracts. Under limited supervision, using independent judgment, you will undertake the roles and responsibilities of this position in a manner consistent with the client agency and rapid transit and regional rail program policies, procedures and guidelines. Minimum QualificationsEssential Duties & Responsibilities:
The incumbent is responsible for the administration and management of Reporting activities. These include the following:
Preferred Qualifications Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering, project management, or related technical field. Experience in lieu of degree is acceptable. 10 plus years of progressive experience with increasing responsibility. Needs to be proficient in desktop publishing software, visio and professional graphics software Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access) Advanced analytical skills – must be able to understand and interpret data Ability to communicate effectively with various personnel, including dealing with people effectively and tactfully in difficult and stressful situations Excellent time management and organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to work under time pressure Active membership in AACE, PMI, or similar association. P.Eng. is a plus
- Lead the development of an overall harmonized reporting structure and reporting tools which may include, quarterly and monthly reports, dashboards, etc.
- Manage the development, compilation, and production of $multi-billion rail transit Portfolio/Program report(s) covering progress, cost, cash flow, earned value, risk, schedule and other relevant information.
- Successfully liaise with program controls work stream leads—estimating, planning/scheduling, cost control, and risk management and any other work streams (internal and external) providing information.
- Liaise with the Manager, Cost Control to ensure that the final financial reports and write-up are complete and that the information provided is accurate.
- Oversee the report(s)’ review process which includes several internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage the report review process addressing questions and comments received from the reviewers
- Supervise/ manage the reporting team on the production of various reports
- Look to develop industry best practice including continuous development
- Contribute to Executive and Board level papers and reports
- Participates in organization-wide projects and initiatives as assigned from time to time