CH2M have been appointed to perform Site Supervision services on a number of regional Infrastructure projects to include tunneling works.
The primary role of the Inspector of Works will be to provide site based support during the construction phase of the programme, this will include monitoring and documenting contractor performance. The role will require specific experience with underground construction techniques, including TBM tunneling or micro-tunneling and shaft construction.
The Inspector of Works will report to the Assistant Resident Engineer (ARE) and will function as the eyes and ears of the ARE, noting and recording activities carried out during the shift with special attention paid to safety and events of significance. You will be expected to:-
- Monitor compliance with safety and environmental requirements
- Observe and monitor operations
- Describe the activities performed and progress achieved
- Note deviations from specified requirements and approved procedures
- Take samples of excavated material
- Audit specific operations as instructed by the Resident Engineer
- Verify that the waste products of the construction activity (excavated material, trash, dewatering water, etc) are disposed of properly
- Review quality of workmanship, identify problems and facilitate corrections
- Periodic attendance to witness QC tests and factory visits
- Assistance in surveys
- Notify the RE and/or senior management when an event occurs that has been previously identified as requiring notification
Bachelor’s Degree or Technical Diploma in Mining Engineering or Civil Engineering. Other related engineering degrees will be considered.
Minimum 15 years prior work experience, 10 of which will be in an inspection or quality control or assurance role covering two or more of the following:-
- Shaft construction, including: diaphragm wall, secant pile wall, caisson, NATM excavation
- Ground treatment methods, particularly grouting
- Tunnel Boring Machines, Particularly Earth Pressure Balance type
- Pipe jacking and micro tunneling, particularly slurry method
Middle East experience would be highly preferred.
At CH2M, we’re always hard at work laying the foundation for human progress. This is especially true in our MENAI region, where our long history of delivering major programmes. Our success in the region is due to the top talent that has joined our team, and in 2015, we were selected as one of LinkedIn’s Top 50 Most InDemand Employers in MENA. This award, based on actual behavioural data of professionals as they engage with companies and explore their career path on LinkedIn, shows that our future teammates are drawn to our projects and values – not the least of which is our commitment to safety, which plays a leading role in how we engage with one another, our projects and our planet.
Join us today and learn how we turn challenges into opportunities.