Support CH2M’s Environmental Remediation practice and have a hand in transforming tomorrow.
As an Environmental Field Geologist you’ll have the opportunity to work with experienced project managers, interact with clients and regulators, perform site investigations and remedial design work, and help restore environmentally impaired sites.
• Plan and implement site characterization field work including monitoring well installation, aquifer testing, soil and rock core identification and description, and groundwater sampling following North Carolina regulations.
• Analyze data; prepare site characterization reports, remedial progress reports, conceptual site models, conduct feasibility studies, and cost assessments; and design and implement remedial systems and pilot studies.
• Manage remediation tasks involving design, permitting, and construction of remedial systems and O&M activities.
• Interact with internal team members in the local office, as well as regional and firm-wide staff.
• Assist the project manager to plan, staff, schedule, budget, and ensure quality of work products, consistency across projects, ensure safety of staff, and coordinate with subcontractors and internal support staff, including senior technologists and subject matter experts.
• Support the project manager in day-to-day interaction with our clients and regulators.
• Work with senior project managers and health and safety managers to develop safety plans including coordination of audits, integrated field team communications, and corrective actions where needed.
• Utilize your strong writing, verbal communication, and leadership skills.
The successful candidate will be a part of the Charlotte, North Carolina based team. You will work with talented remediation professionals and will assist project managers in day-to-day task management associated with the technical analysis and studies, environmental and remedial engineering, and regulatory and stakeholder consultation services. If you’re up for the challenge, we’ve been looking for someone just like you. Join our team and help us lay the foundation for human progress. Minimum Qualifications
• 3 to 6 years of environmental project experience; specialized experience associated with remedial investigation, and design
• Experience managing tasks involving multiple methods of site remediation with a focus on remedial design/remedial action and site management/characterization
• HAZWOPER certification or ability to obtain
• Must be able to plan, perform and oversee field work
• Monitoring well installation experience
• Groundwater investigation experience
• Must be able to travel and be in the field up to 50-75%
• Ability to obtain a P.G (Professional Geologist ) license within 1 year
• Ability to gain federal background clearance to enter and work on US military bases Preferred Qualifications
• Task management skills, including invoicing, and subcontractor management, and ability to write or drive development of technical reports are preferred
• Exhibit integrity and the highest quality in all activities
• Professional Geologist license
• Previous drilling oversight experience
• Self-motivated, team-focused professional
• Self-starter who can manage and self-direct work
At CH2M, the greatest challenges provide the biggest rewards. Each day, your drive and creative ideas will be providing solutions that help build a better tomorrow. Whether it is the pride that comes with accomplishment, personal growth or making a difference in the world, you will discover true success in a career that brings out the best in you at CH2M. Ready? Let’s get to work.
Developing People through Challenging Projects
Relocation assistance is not available for this position
CH2M HILL will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa, etc) to fill this position.
CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer
EEO/M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO Laws