This is an excellent opportunity to work on CH2M’s WEM framework contract, the role focuses on reducing the risk of river and coastal flooding, as well as securing social and environmental improvements across England and Wales.
We are seeking a Civil Engineer / River Engineer to work on our EA WEM programme in the North of England. The position is focused on helping deliver the solution identification and initial design development. As well as technical input, the role requires delivery of the project through all phases of project planning, execution, and closeout, consequently we are seeking candidates with an appreciation of cost / risk management, scheduling and stakeholder management.
Ideally you will be an Engineer with experience gained on river / flood alleviation schemes, you will have experience of package management and the ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams, you will be motivated and proactive and have the desire to develop and improve your skills. Prior experience of working on Environment Agency projects is considered a strong advantage.
Specific duties include:
- Package management and realisation (efficient and timely completion of project tasks in accordance with requirements specified in the contract documents).
- Delivering packages of work within budget and work schedule, efficient flow of documents, contacts and cooperation with subcontractors.
- Delivery of the project through all phases of project planning, execution, and closeout.
- Participation and sub-leadership of multi-disciplinary teams driving solution development to the satisfaction of the client and stakeholders.
- Cooperation with commercial manager and technical team.
- Completion of the scope of work to the satisfaction of the client, while simultaneously ensuring that CH2M HILL’s HS&E, quality, financial, risk management, business and policy expectations are met.
- Involvement in bidding and client management. Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in applicable discipline (Civil Engineer / Water Engineering and Management or equivalent).
- Working towards Chartered status (with the ICE or CIWEM).
- Experience with scheduling (i.e. Primavera, MS project etc.) and program control systems.
- Familiar with established project delivery processes to meet the scope, schedule, budget and other specified requirements stated in the contract.
- Ability to visualise solutions to ensure that holistically complete solutions are developed, taking into full account health, safety and environment in all project phases.
- Participation in projects funded by the UK Environment Agency.
- Proven experience of producing accurate technical outputs. Preferred Qualifications This role is only open to applicants able to accept local employment contract conditions and not expatriate employment terms. Please note that this role is only considering applications with valid working rights for the UK, CH2M will not sponsor an employment visa to fill this position.
At CH2M, the greatest challenges provide the biggest rewards. Each day, your drive and creative ideas will be providing solutions that help build a better tomorrow. Whether it is the pride that comes with accomplishment, personal growth or making a difference in the world, you will discover true success in a career that brings out the best in you at CH2M. Ready? Let’s get to work.
Developing People through Challenging Projects. CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer.