Support munitions response projects around the globe and have a hand in transforming tomorrow.
As a Munitions Response Geophysicist, you will have the chance to deliver high quality work products to our DOD and commercial sector clients. Working with other members of our team, you'll:
- Collect digital geophysical mapping data using EM61, magnetometers and advanced EMI sensors (e.g. MetalMapper 2x2).
- Serve as field team leader and interface with other onsite project personnel.
- Record and compile detailed daily field notes, logs and QC documentation. Process geophysical data using Geosoft Oasis montaj.
- Assist with preparation of work plans and geophysical investigation plans.
- Conduct site visits and assist with proposals.
- Prepare technical memoranda and geophysical investigation reports.
- Assist with training of new hires and junior staff. If you’re up for the challenge, we’ve been looking for someone just like you. Join our team and help us lay the foundation for human progress.
• Bachelor’s degree in geology, geophysics, environmental science or closely-related field
• Experience collecting and/or processing EM61 and magnetometer data
• Ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs
• Experience with instrument-specific software (e.g. DAT61, TrackMaker, MagMap2000)
• 3-6 years of professional experience involving applied geophysics to environmental and engineering problems
• Ability to troubleshoot instrument problems in the field
• Strong technical writing skills
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
• Willingness to travel out of town approximately 40%, including periodic weekends Preferred Qualifications
• Advanced degree in geology, geophysics, environmental science or closely-related field
• Ability to work independently or as part of a team
• Experience with advanced EMI sensors (TEMTADS, MetalMapper)
• PG or PE license (or ability to get within 6 months of hire)
• Experience with Geosoft Oasis montaj UX-Detect and UX-Analyze
• Experience overseeing field teams and/or managing geophysical tasks
• Familiarity with other geophysical applications for non-munitions response investigations
• 40-hr HAZWOPER training with current 8-hr refresher
• CPR/first aid training
At CH2M HILL, the greatest challenges provide the biggest rewards. Each day, your drive and creative ideas will be providing solutions that help build a better tomorrow. Whether it is the pride that comes with accomplishment, personal growth or making a difference in the world, you will discover true success in a career that brings out the best in you at CH2M HILL. Ready? Let’s get to work. Developing People through Challenging Projects CH2M HILL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
CH2M will not sponsor an employment visa, such as an H-1B or related visa, to fill this position.
Pre-employment drug testing is required; continued employment is contingent upon successfully passing random drug testing, except in states prohibiting random testing. All candidates must be able to supervise all contractor on-site Munitions and Explosives of Concern (MEC) geophysical activities.
EEO/M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO Laws