Support our water clients across the U.S. and have a hand in transforming tomorrow.
Each day, you will provide overall management and leadership on large-scale coastal sediment diversion projects including engineering and design review and acceptance teams, providing responsive and collaborative reviews of alternative delivery contractors, managing the commercial and technical aspects needed in resourcing adequate technical staff from consultants and reach back support to meet program and project delivery needs.
Our Engineering Managers:
• Function within the Program Management Team, interface with the client, contractors, design consultants, permitting agencies, and funding agencies
• Are responsible for resourcing of consultant personnel, with support from the program Health & Safety team, for ensuring the designs identify and minimize Health & Safety risks appropriately, and meet project Health & Safety requirements
• Are responsible for consultant scopes of work, contract procurement packages and resource projections of consultant personnel to provide leadership and project management over: design development, plans, specifications, schedules and quality, including compliance with the requirements of the program delivery plan (i.e. concept design including Hydraulic & Hydrology functional and operational requirements)
• Monitor, control and report against budget, forecast, progress, schedule and deliverables
• Support and work with others to develop scope and timing of deliverables which are inter-related with the contractor design, permitting, and land requirements
• Identify resource requirements for the review and acceptance of contractor designs
• Support the review of contractor design delivery schedule, design risk registers, and design team budgets and forecasts
• Support identification and control of design changes Minimum Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Coastal Engineering or a related engineering discipline
• Professional Engineer in the State of Louisiana or the ability to obtain license through reciprocity
• 12 years’ experience with heavy civil and water resource elements of projects
• 12 years’ experience in application of design control tools, processes and techniques, budgeting and forecasting Preferred Qualifications
• Master’s degree in Civil Engineering, Coastal Engineering, or a related engineering discipline
• Experience with design and engineering management of major, multidisciplinary works projects including alternative delivery such as design-build
• Familiarity and experience with USACE permitting and design requirements and practices
• Adept at interpersonal relationship building, conflict resolution, and participating in diverse teams
• Project Management Professional Certification (PMP)
At CH2M, the greatest challenges provide the biggest rewards. Each day, your drive and creative ideas will be providing solutions that help build a better tomorrow. Whether it is the pride that comes with accomplishment, personal growth or making a difference in the world, you will discover true success in a career that brings out the best in you at CH2M. Developing People through Challenging Projects, CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
CH2M will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g. H1-B, etc.) for this position
EEO/M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO Laws