Summer College Intern - Accounting
NextEra Energy Resources is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
NextEra Energy is currently offering Accounting Internship positions for the summer of 2017. These opportunities will provide relevant career-related activities encountered in the student's area of study or specialization.
Participation in the NextEra Summer Internship program, in Accounting, offers students the opportunity to be provided mentoring and practical hands-on experience in a hands-on environment, as well as the ability to work on active NextEra projects. In addition to attending/participating in corporate and business unit specific events where interns will gain unprecedented access to interact with senior leadership from across the company, accounting interns will also gain experience in the following:
- Operational accounting
- Financial reporting
- Technical accounting
- Accounting policy as it pertains to the oil and gas industry
- Supporting month-end closing activities
- Reporting key financial data
- Preparing and presenting learning/projects to business unit and corporate leadership
- Currently enrolled as a full-time student in a bachelor's degree program OR graduate program.
- Have a GPA of 3.00 or higher.
- Provide proof of eligibility to work in the USA.
- Have applicable course of study as it relates to job requirements.
- Adhere to Employment of Relatives Policy.
- Available to work a 40-hour week.
High School Grad / GED:Required;