Are you motivated by leading people and driving Control Platform Technology? And do you want to contribute to developing the Vestas wind turbines of tomorrow? Then join us and become leader of a dedicated and highly specialized international team based in Aarhus and Chennai.
Rotor, Tower & Control / Control Engineering / Control Platforms
The Rotor, Tower & Control department is responsible for developing the rotors (blades, hub and pitch system), the towers and the wind turbine control for Vestas products. Control Engineering is responsible for developing the control software and the control hardware.
The Control platforms department develops the control hardware including the operating software and the I/O software. The department is also responsible for the development of new control platform technology as well as to drive cost-out of the technology.
The department consists of 20 highly skilled electrical and software engineers located in Denmark, Aarhus and India, Chennai.
As manager of Control Platforms you will be responsible for both people and technology leadership. You will be driving technology development as well as ensuring a high performing team by continuously developing and upgrading the skillset. You will report to the Director, and be part of the management team within Control Engineering. Your main responsibilities and tasks will be to:
- Deliver complete control solutions for all Vestas platforms on time
- Drive and develop the technology platform to support system & product road map activities
- Lead and develop the team in Aarhus and Chennai through coaching, target setting, one-to-one meetings etc.
- Create a learning environment where knowledge sharing is secured
- Maintain and improve existing products to support performance targets
- Ensure adequate resource and competence availability to execute the project portfolio
- Manage internal and external stakeholders, and ensure good working relations and coordination with peer departments
- Minimum 3 years' experience as leader in an engineering organization
- Experience with leading an international team is advantageous
- Educational background (minimum at B.Sc. level) within electrical, software, mechatronic engineering or similar
- Fluent in English (written and oral)
We value initiative, trustworthiness and the right balance between creativity and quality in all our solutions. The ideal candidate possess the following personality and competencies:
- You have a thorough understanding of software processes and software and electronics development.
- You have proven people leadership experience, and develop employees through coaching and target setting
- You are process oriented and have a structured way of working
- You are proactive, and capable of leading your surroundings with your excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- You are an experienced change manager who can motivate employees through a transition
- You naturally lead, guide, advise and share knowledge with your team and stakeholders
- You are a strong networker and able to build, develop and maintain relationships in a large and global organization
What we offer
We offer a challenging workplace with excellent professional and personal development opportunities in an inspiring, international work environment with the world's leading wind turbine manufacturer.
The department places high focus on a relaxed working environment where professional skills can be developed and enhanced. You will have the opportunity to greatly impact Vestas current and future products.
Work location will be at Vestas Headquarter, Hedeager 42, in Aarhus, Denmark.
Approximately 20 travelling days per year should be expected.
For additional information about the position, please contact Director, Control Engineering, Anders Steen Nielsen, xxxxxxx xxxxxxx
WIND. IT MEANS THE WORLD TO US
By joining Vestas, you join the only global energy company dedicated 100% to wind energy. Together with our customers, we have installed more than 51.000 turbines in over 70 countries, and we remain committed to increase that number via our superior, cost-effective wind technologies, products and services.
Since Vestas was founded in 1979, Vestas has achieved a market-leading position with more than 60 GW of installed wind turbines or around 19% of total global capacity.
Every day, everyone at Vestas works to make Vestas the undisputed global wind leader and the world's energy mix more sustainable - join us, and be part of ensuring a sustainable future for our planet.