Are you looking for an exciting opportunity in a growing industry? Then take a closer look at Vestas. As Vestas grows into new markets, we are looking for strong leaders to help manage new opportunities. Vestas looks to accelerate innovation through the development of our employee's skills and talents.
Vestas American Wind Technology
Finance - US & Canada
Provides support to the Cash Manager in most daily cash management and treasury routine activities. Interfaces with internal and external contacts and performs assignments of a sensitive nature requiring a high level of independence, integrity, and professionalism.
- Responsible for cash flow forecasting, variance analysis, and reporting to include: meet with stakeholders (Project Management, Project Controlling, Transportation) to complete weekly forecast, develop reports to explain changes to forecast, and load forecasts to the ERP system.
- Responsible for monthly currency exposure forecasting and reporting.
- Oversight and review of bank accounts to ensure sufficient cash flow and daily/monthly reconciliations.
- Assist Shared Service Center with cash transaction postings in SAP and monthly reconciliation items.
- Process manual wire transfers using independent judgment.
- Maintain bank relations to resolve payment issues, research inflows, and open/administer accounts.
- Monitor status of overdue receivables and adjust cash forecast accordingly.
- Research background material and analyze data for reports, correspondence, and policy development.
- Maintain records of letters-of-credit and bonds.
- Create reports comparing forecast, actual, and previous forecast cash flow.
- Partner with the Corporate Credit Card Administrator on reports and analysis to ensure program compliance with spending guidelines and expense report tracking.
- Assist Cash Manager with monthly reports and presentations to executive management.
- Assist Cash Manager with the annual cash budget process.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting.
- 2-5 years related job experience, treasury experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of banking practices and regulatory environment preferred.
- Very strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- SAP and Access Database experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks concurrently.
- Strong organizational ability and attention to detail.
- Excellent customer relations skills.
- Experience working with contracts.
- Highly self-driven with demonstrated accountability and ownership. Functions effectively under pressure in environments of rapid change and conflicting demands. Demonstrated ability to balance competing priorities. Demonstrates a sense of urgency in meeting goals.
- Commitment to continuous improvement and quality methodology skills. Effective issue resolution and structured problem solving methodology. Drives improvement in existing products and services to better meet customer needs.
What we offer
As a member of the Vestas team, we offer a competitive salary and one of the most comprehensive benefits plans in the industry. Among the many amenities we offer: healthcare; dental; vision; paid time off (PTO); generous 401(k) plan; tuition assistance; and much more
It is the policy of Vestas to afford equal employment opportunity without regard to age, race, religion, color, gender, or national origin, and to afford equal opportunity to veterans and individuals with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, provincial, or local law. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative within the People & Culture department.
This position is located in Portland, OR
WIND. IT MEANS THE WORLD TO US.
By joining Vestas, you join the only global energy company dedicated 100% to wind energy. Together with our customers, we have installed more the 51,000 turbines in over 70 countries, and we remain committed to increase that number via our superior, cost-effective wind technologies, products and services.
Since Vestas was founded in 1979, Vestas has achieved a market-leading position with more than 60 GW of installed wind turbines or around 19% of the total global capacity.
Every day, everyone at Vestas works to make Vestas the undisputed global wind leader and the world's energy mix more sustainable - join us, and be part of ensuring a sustainable future for our planet.