Based in San Francisco, Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. And we deliver some of the nation's cleanest energy to our customers in Northern and Central California. For PG&E, "Together, Building a Better California" is not just a slogan. It's the very core of our mission and the scale by which we measure our success. We know that the nearly 16 million people who do business with our company count on our more than 24,000 employees for far more than the delivery of utility services. They, along with every citizen of the state we call home, also expect PG&E to help improve their quality of life, the economic vitality of their communities, and the prospect for a better future fueled by clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the job.
The Work and Resource Management Group (within Electric Transmission and Distribution Business Operations) works with a cross functional group of stakeholders, both within and external to the Transmissions Operations (TO) organization, to:
• Generate and facilitate TO and Line of Business (LOB) work planning processes, including multi-year planning, annual planning (DET), strategic planning (S1/S2), and TO regulatory filings
• Govern the systems and tools that TO and Asset Strategy use to plan and manage the efficient execution of work, including ensuring systems alignment with existing business processes, addressing systems or process enhancement requests, monitoring and improving system usage, as well as providing user support, communications and training
• Provide TO-level reporting and analysis for work planning and efficient execution, and drive improvement in work plan quality through analytics
• Provide resource management governance, reporting, and analysis to manage macro-level resource demand and supply, implement resourcing decisions with the LOBs, and drive improvement in resource plan quality
• Implement relevant performance metrics and scorecards for TO, along with related online tools for accessing metric performance
Guided by a recommendation of the Enterprise Project Management (EPM) initiative, the Business Process Analyst, Career role will support implementation of an Integrated Change Control (ICC) program for TO, based upon industry best practices. This includes both a surge effort to stand the program up, and the ongoing operation of the program in the steady state.
The goals of the Integrated Change Control program will be to:
• Improve transparency, governance, and leadership support on TO projects, as well as the timeliness and efficiency of decision approval; and
• Resolve project execution issues and align with existing Executive Project Committee process
Electric Transmission and Distribution Business Operations and the PM Center Of Excellence (PMCOE) will work collaboratively to initiate and support this enhanced and streamlined project governance process. Integration with other in-flight initiatives, such as the SAP Project Systems Integration (SPSI) and Capital Investment & Execution Initiatives will be crucial to the success of this effort and the incumbent will be expected to work collaboratively, in a support role, to resolve gaps, overlaps, and misalignments between them. The role will provide analytical expertise and support reporting to establish and sustain Integrated Change Control processes for scope, cost, and schedule for the full TO project portfolio, leveraging a Delegation of Authority (DOA) framework. As a part of this effort, and in alignment with the instituted DOA, the role will also help to support a Senior Change Control Board (CCB) that will review and approve scope, cost, and schedule changes for projects greater than $20M, eventually lowering the threshold down to $10M if feasible. This role will support the Expert and Senior Business Process Analyst roles.
Once established, the Analyst will become a focal point for the ICC process and will be expected to support its sustainability. Steady state responsibilities will include:
• Supporting the ongoing verification of change document quality
• Supporting the communication with peers inside and outside of the department, providing information or exchanging data
• Supporting the maintenance of change log system and established metrics
• Supporting the development of material for report outs on TO ICC performance to other forums such as the TPC and BPR
• Under the direction of the Expert Analyst, supporting the coordination of the Senior CCB and other lower level change control meetings, including tracking of related actions for accountability
• Supporting the development of training material for ongoing training after the initial implementation
• Supporting audits and related corrective actions
The candidate possesses the following distinguishing characteristics:
• An understanding of Project Management Fundamentals
• Good communication, facilitation and presentation skills with various audiences
• Determines data needs, collects data, selects from different analytical techniques to achieve desired analytical outcome
• Understands work planning and portfolio management needs and is able to develop new reports, performs custom and ad-hoc reporting, working independently
• Proactively participates on project teams
• Bachelor of Science in Business, Finance, Economics, Engineering or related discipline or equivalent work experience required.
• Minimum of 3 years of work experience
• Experience in using SAP or other enterprise software
• Ability to perform analysis with MS-Excel, using charts and tables dynamically (pivot tables, formulas)
• Public speaking and presentation abilities
• Proficiency in MS PowerPoint and Word
• MBA or Graduate degree desired.
• Knowledge of Project Management methodologies and best practices
• Good level of understanding in Management Accounting
• Significant hands-on experience in utility planning, budgeting and operations for both capital and expense work
• Mastery level in MS Excel (Ability to utilize macros), PowerPoint and Word
• Assist ICC Expert and Senior analyst roles to implement ICC within the TO organization
• Compiles and analyzes data, and supports to document work process and procedures
• Work with lines of business to gather change control form information from the Portfolio Tracker Tool
• Identify potential change control form issues related to integrated change control
• Create change control form utilization reporting for LOB to identify gaps in planning processes and/or execution
• Analyze the impact of Integrated Change Requests (ICRs) on work execution
• Conduct what-if analysis to provide multiple options for the lines of business