Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. (Jacobs) is one of the largest publicly traded (NYSE: JEC) and diverse providers of professional technical services in the world. Founded in 1947, the company had $12.1 billion in 2015 Revenues and has over 60,000 employees worldwide in over 30 countries.
The company's service portfolio consists of a comprehensive range of business solutions related to engineering, architecture, construction, operations and maintenance and scientific and specialty consulting. Jacobs provides services to various sectors, such as aerospace and defense, automotive and industrial buildings, chemicals and polymers, consumer and forest products and environmental programs.
The company, together with its subsidiaries and representative offices, operates in North America, South America, Europe, the Middle East, India, Australia, Africa and Asia.
Reporting directly to the Senior Vice President of Project Delivery the Executive Assistant provides executive support in a one-on-one working relationship. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Executive Assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
Key Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the SVP including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
• Plans, coordinates and ensures the SVP's schedule is followed and respected. Provides "gatekeeper" and "gateway" role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the CFO's time and office.
• Communicates directly, and on behalf of the SVP, with Board members, donors, Foundation staff, and others, on matters related to the SVP's programmatic initiatives.
• Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the SVP, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
• Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the President's office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff.
• Works closely and effectively with the SVP to keep him/her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Acts as a "barometer," having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the President updated.
• Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization, and manages a variety of special projects, some of which may have organizational impact.
• Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the SVP's ability to effectively lead.
• Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
• Minimum of 10 years of administrative experience with at least 5 years in an Executive Assistant role required
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point) required
• Experience booking international and domestic travel required
• Experience previously supporting a Corporate Executive Officer highly preferred
• Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
• Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders
• Expert level written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to successfully manage multiple projects effectively
• Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
• Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
• Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
• Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
• Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
• Experience working for a large global organization preferred