Jacobs Information Solutions Group (ISG) provides information technology solutions and services to a broad range of both Government and private industry, including Department of Defense, Federal Civilian agencies, healthcare, education, and small/medium business markets. Our analysts, engineers, and technicians are highly trained, qualified subject matter experts, understanding each segments specialized business processes, requirements, and functions. Combined with an extensive IT background, Information Solutions Group's enhanced IT services enable our clients to analyze existing business processes, identify process improvements, evaluate associated risks, and develop operational solutions.
The Documentation/Section 508 Compliance Lead/Systems Analyst will provide technical support for government acquisitions software and associated systems. The selected candidate will demonstrate an understanding of technical specifications based on business requirements and functional specifications. He or she will oversee the documentation created by the team, including internal technical documentation, functional documentation, user guides, how-tos, presentations, and flow charts. Additionally, this person will be responsible for maintaining the Section 508 Compliance of the PSC Acquisitions website and any other digital communications that are shared with users.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Using SortSite and a number of existing checklists and guides, scan all digital communication created by contract staff for compliance with Section 508 standards.
- Using the aforementioned tools, scan all changes to the PSC Acquisitions website to ensure that the changes maintain Section 508 compliance.
- Using the aforementioned tools, scan all digital communications uploaded to the PSC Acquisitions website for Section 508 compliance, and work with the uploading users to rectify the noncompliance, if necessary
- Oversee the creation and modification of documentation created by contract staff, including proofreading, editing, and ensuring accuracy
- Assign documentation tasks to other team members and monitoring progress
- Taking the lead on the creation and update of documentation, where necessary
- Participate in User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Unit Testing (UT), and Integration Testing (IT), Regression Testing (RT), and Acceptance testing (AT)
- Submit accurate and detailed change requests (CRs) for all website changes as well as seamless integration into the production environment once approved
- Provide training, direction, and overall expertise to junior team members on all activities
- Act as secondary senior member for other tasks such as help desk, acquisition questions, and timely resolution of service level agreements
- Take helpdesk tickets and directly supporting customers on an as needed basis
The successful candidate is required to have a working knowledge of Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS), Structured Query Language (SQL), and must demonstrate strong communication skills. The following skills are preferred:
- Strong HTML, Oracle Database 10g/11g, SQL, and PL/SQL Programming skills
- Experience with Compusearch PRISM desired
- Experience with the Powermapper SortSite scanning tool
- Ability to analyze code and identify bugs/defects
- Experience with all phases of a project lifecycle development process (analysis, design, code, test, migrate)
- Ability to isolate and resolve problems, document bugs, regress and close issues while working on particular application releases.
- Ability to both work independently as well as within a team
- Ability to follow directions, take ownership, and meet deliverables/deadlines
This position requires a Bachelor's degree in a technical field with 2 years of related experience. The selected candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance.
Jacobs ISG is proud to an EEO/AA employer.
Requires sitting for extended periods of time at a desk (90%). Requires sitting at a computer terminal for long periods of time (90%). There is a possibility that due to parking availability and location of work area walking moderate to long distances can sometimes be required.
Inside office/cubicle environment. Requires ability to interact professionally with co-workers and all levels of management (100%).
Equipment and Machines
Requires ability to operate a personal computer, a telephone, copier, and other general office equipment (100%). Ability to conduct evaluation of third and fourth generation or current state of the art computer hardware and software and its ability to support specific requirements, interfacing with other equipment and systems.
Attendance is critical. Work hours are normally 8 hours per day and 5 days per week, Monday through Friday. Being prompt is important to provide continuous and on-going service to customers. Attendance is important to maintain continuity of service. Work outside of normal duty hours may be required with as little as one hour advance notice. Overtime is infrequent, but important when required (1%).
Other Essential Functions
Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization. Must be able to obtain unescorted access to work areas. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
The selected candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance.