The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
• Will perform quality control for various highway roadway and bridge construction, general site work, maintenance and protection of traffic, drainage, earthwork, paving, concrete work, reinforcement steel placement, utility relocation work, coordination and safety.
• Analyze contract documents and construction plans.
• Responsible for field construction efforts, construction sequencing, cost, scheduling and performance decisions.
• Will assure that proper document control, quality assurance documentation and construction project records are kept.
• Will assure quality and uniformity in the records of various contracts in the overall program.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience:
- Bachelors of Science in Civil (May 2017 graduates) is required
- At least one previous civil construction internship experience is preferred
- EIT certification preferred
- Proficient with MS Office Suite of tools is required
- Exposure to schedule software, preferably Primavera (P6) preferred
- Additional Preferred Qualifications is preferred
• SAT Certification
• ACI Certification
• Traffic Control Coordinator Program
• Some oversight of Inspection staff
• Strong PC Skills, in Microsoft Office
• Strong time management and attention to detail
• Excellent organizational skills
• NYSDOT Experience
• NYCDDC Experience
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.