Jacobs Telecommunication has been at the forefront of creating a new generation of wireless communication infrastructure for over 40 years. We specialize in network development's complete telecom life cycle solutions, which has ranked us in ENR's Top 20 Design Firms for the telecommunications sector in 2014. While the wireless world is ever changing, the demand for innovative technology and long term support services remains constant. These services include site acquisition, design and construction, to full operations, maintenance, and deconstruction.
Working in conjunction with the other managers on our Construction team, this individual will be responsible for the projects' revenues, margins, manpower and all required resources to ensure the successful completion of wireless site construction. The Construction Project Manager will coordinate with the other managers on the team to oversee all construction and administrative project staff. Our managers ensure quality on the project(s) and have the final decision making on any project changes. They are also responsible for developing and maintaining client relations. Our managers report information to both our clients and Jacobs senior management.
• Manage day-to-day operations related to a particular project(s) for the region
• Coordinates all direct labor staffing and resource allocation with lower level project managers
• Coordinate accurate, up-to-date reporting of project status, scheduling, and planning
• Work with other internal managers to supervise the administrative and construction staff progress relative to assigned projects
• Conduct weekly one-on-one meetings with project staff to review site progress
• Know project status at all times
• Oversee project financials, including managing billing and receivable process
• Interfaces with the clients' program office for all program related matters to include, but not limited to, scheduling, subcontractors, site conditions, invoicing and construction close out
• Consult with senior managers on hiring and performance management issues and reviews
• Provides activity reporting and forecasting of revenues, margins, manpower and all required resources to more senior management
• Build and maintain superior client relations
• Coach employees for improved performance
• Ensure project team is using Jacobs and client reports, accounting systems, and other administrative work accurately and on schedule
• Ensure coordination among all functions in the system, both within Jacobs and our client
• Build a positive committed team
• 7+ years Construction Project Management experience in the wireless telecommunications industry required
• Tower-related construction and RF experience required
• Travel required
• Thorough understanding and experience completing both new build and site modification projects for wireless sites required
• Prior local market experience along with existing market relationships with carriers is strongly preferred
• Ability to coordinate work and share resources with other managers on the team is required
• Bachelors Degree strongly preferred
• Demonstrated ability to lead and inspire a highly interdependent team of individual contributors preferred
• Highly organized and disciplined with proven time management skills preferred
• Strong computer background, MS Office ' especially Word and Excel preferred
Requires US Citizenship and Local (Baltimore/Hanover) candidates.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Note to Virginia Job Seekers: Jacobs ensures nondiscrimination and equal employment opportunity in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. If you need more information or special assistance for persons with disabilities or limited English proficiency, contact the Human Resources Director at our Arlington, VA office at xxxxxxx xxxxxxx. Persons with hearing-and speech-impairments can contact Jacobs by using the Virginia Relay Service, a toll-free telecommunication device for the deaf (TDD). Call 711 for TTY/TDD.