The Buildings & Infrastructure (B&I) Line of Business is a global network of approximately 11,500 employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
In this role, the Civil/Environmental Engineer will work the Water Group by performing specialized technical and managerial aspects of engineering assignments in wastewater collection and transmission, pump stations, surface water drainage and conveyance, water supply and distribution, and other water-related topics,. Serves as a responsible technical lead, performing technical tasks and coordinating the use of resources to accomplish multiple, concurrent water infrastructure projects. This position will be based in Bellevue, WA.
• Leads engineering and managerial efforts for planning, design, and engineering services during construction for Water Group projects.
• Contributes individually or as the leader of a design team,; prepares, and/or reviews plans, technical specifications, contract documents, and estimates.
• Performs civil design calculations sketches, technical evaluations and similar technical work for a variety of projects.
• Conducts, plans, schedules, or coordinates assigned work within the Water Group., Responsible for the ongoing progress of project tasks, including the coordination of the project with Jacobs public and non-public sector clients.
• Serves as a liaison between clients and agencies, subcontractors, and design teams.
• Participates in contract bidding and administration; observes and/or supervises project action on site.
• Supervises the work of less experienced engineers and/or technical support personnel assigned to the project. Mentors office staff.
• Provides input into development of scope and budget documents for new work.
• Support the Water/Wastewater Group Manager and Bellevue Sales Lead in identifying and tracking pursuits, and assist in developing and implementing capture plans for such water/wastewater pursuits.
• Provide input to group management on developing and maintaining a strategic business plan for the Bellevue office and the Northwest Region in concert with the overall plans of the company.
• Performs other duties assigned by the Water Group Manager.
• Bachelor's Degree in Civil and/ or Environmental Engineering with a focus on water is required.
• Master's Degree in Civil and /or Environmental Engineering with a focus on water is preferred.
• Registration as a Professional Engineer (PE) is required. If not a Washington State PE, then must be able to obtain this within 1 year of hire.
• Minimum of 8 years of progressive water and wastewater infrastructure design experience is required.
• Demonstrated ability to lead the preparation of plans, specifications, estimates, studies, proposals and/or reports is required.
• Experience in directing multi-disciplinary teams of both in-house and external team members to accomplish complex water-related engineering planning, and design assignments is required.
• Ability to interact and communicate effectively with all staff levels in a professional manner is required.
• Experience in data analysis related to complex hydrologic, hydraulic, and water quality problems related to water/wastewater conveyance of all types is desirable.
• Possess time management skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks is desirable.
• Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D is preferred.
• Experience with GIS software is preferred.
• Experience with and knowledge of complex hydrologic and hydraulic computer-based models is desirable.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.