This position is responsible for assisting a major client with managing the daily work schedule and job assignments for multiple skilled trades. The scheduler will develop and maintain the schedule for planned jobs, periodic maintenance, identifying staffing short comings and communicating check points with management. The selected individual will schedule the daily work efforts of the maintenance skilled trades across the 5.5 million sqft facility and will coordinate the use of supplemental support from other organizations.
The individual will interface with skilled trade supervisors, facility engineers, and tenants as necessary to coordinate the work schedule. Person must be able to handle a fast paced, dynamic daily schedule with efficiency and tact.
Will be responsible for developing and managing the schedule (Trouble Calls and Periodic Maintenance) for the maintenance department for a large automotive test facility. This requires proficiency using computers and software tools such as MS Word, Excel, and a work management system. Must be able to work on a computer work station on a full time basis. Running scheduling meetings with management, tenants and trades, forecasting schedules, assigning and tracking resource utilization (load balancing), keeping schedules current and communicating schedule conflicts, is a large part of the job. Requires coordination of outages and work tasks with tenant organizations. Generate standardized reports and metrics. Must be able to use stairs and walk long distances. Attendance is critical - normal 40 hour work week, with periods of overtime necessary. Must be organized, efficient, assertive and tactful.
Candidate must have an Associate's Degree plus 5 years of experience in scheduling (construction, testing or maintenance operations is a plus). Applicants with comparable related skills will be considered. Must be excellent at communications, both orally and written, with management as well as skilled trades. Must be able to organize and run meetings. Must be confident in prioritizing, scheduling, tracking and communicating status of multidiscipline jobs and multiple projects. Must be organized, assertive, able to multi task and efficient. Must be proficient in using a computer and applications to include MS Project, Excel, Word, and familiar with computerized work management systems (i.e. Maximo, SAP, etc). Data base knowledge is a plus. Must be self-directed and take responsibility and initiative for maintaining the schedule.
Unusual or Special Physical Requirements of Position
% of Time
- Special clothing/equipment (wearing)
- Unusual physical requirements
- High noise level
- Ability to work for long periods at a desk - 90%
- Ability to walk long distances around large facilty - 5%
Description of Work Environment
% of Time
- Inside? Outside? Where
- Combination of above
- Extreme (hot/cold) temperatures involved
- Hazardous conditions - What are they
- Travel/transportation requirements
- Predominately work will be performed in a office environment (90%) with trips to the field work to check job status periodically. Trips to the field may bring individual into close proximity of maintenance work, extreme high or low temperatures, high speed rotating equipment and high noise levels; primarily inside, occasionally outside - (2%)
Equipment and Machines Involved in Work Tasks
% of Time
- Office equipment/machines electrically/battery operated - which?
- Vehicles, forklifts, etc. operated which?
- Tools used in trade - which ones?
- Work with general office equipment (computers, fax, telephones, copiers, etc.) - 95 %
Criticality of Attendance
% of Time
- Overtime, regular days, off days
- Shift, 2nd, 3rd
- Necessity for regular attendance
- Urgency for punctuality
- Regular attendance is mandatory (100%). Occasional overtime is required as needed to meet project schedules (10%). Primarily 1 st shift. Adjusted work hours is a possibility in order to accommodate work flow.
Other Essential Functions
List other essential functions here, which do not logically fall under the categories above.
Ability to work well with client and in a team environment.
Must take and pass a drug screening.