The Buildings & Infrastructure (B&I) Line of Business is a global network of approximately 11,500 employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
At Jacobs our Mechanical Engineers provide a range of skills as part of an integrated building services design. The engineer will be responsible for providing system design: calculations and other related design services including coordination with the designs of other trades (architectural and engineering / internal and external) under the guidance of more senior technical staff. The Engineer will take ownership of the completeness, accuracy and timeliness of the work assigned to you. Individuals in this position must demonstrate the ability to progress from basic design work assignments to more complicated and involved projects working in conjunction with a technical team.
- Provide project management expertise to manage major recap projects and building renovation projects
- Review engineering drawings for any changes to Client's facilities
- Oversee and coordinate operations, maintenance, repair, engineering, and inspections of all heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) and plumbing equipment and mechanical rooms
- Oversee and coordinate activities with the trade shops, including prioritization of work, review of ongoing projects, and inspection of installed equipment
- Oversee and coordinate mechanical work orders, service orders, and projects
- Develop cost estimates, documents, and reports
- Coordinate energy program and analyze utility costs
- Be prepared to serve as 'essential' personnel in the event of an emergency
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university required
- A minimum of 10 years of experience at the Senior level in the degreed field
- Subject matter expertise of a minimum of 5 years of experience in: Project management, s pecification writing and shop drawing review, c ost estimating, o perating and maintaining HVAC, plumbing systems, and mechanical systems
- Experience in: Using AutoCAD, m anaging major building renovations and recap projects, c onducting reviews of engineering drawings, w orking in a classified environment, p roven record as an effective administrator with the ability to communicate at all organizational levels
- Ability to: Coordinate activities with architecture, engineering, real estate, construction, and space planning efforts, and all customers, c oordinate operations, maintenance, repair, inspections for all equipment and mechanical rooms, c oordinate activities with trade shops, including Work Orders and recap projects
- Work nights and weekends, as required, for operational necessities
- Travel domestically or overseas for the Client, as required
- TS+ clearance required
- US Citizenship required
- Highly motivated to continue to develop professional licenses, certifications, and expertise through formal training and on-the-job experience
- Certifications preferred: Professional Engineer (PE), Project Management Professional (PMP)
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.