The Buildings & Infrastructure (B&I) Line of Business is a global network of approximately 11,500 employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
At Jacobs our Electrical engineers provide a range of skills as part of an integrated building services design. Our skills include power system planning, power distribution, lighting design, fire and life safety systems, vertical transportation and construction coordination.
- Provide project management expertise to manage major recapitalization (recap) projects and building renovation projects
- Review engineering drawings for any changes to Government's facilities
- Oversee and coordinate operations, maintenance, repair, and inspections of all equipment and mechanical rooms
- Coordinate fire drills
- Inspect equipment
- Coordinate maintenance, repair, and engineering for the vertical transportation systems
- Oversee and coordinate activities with the trade shops, including prioritization of work, review of ongoing projects, and inspection of installed equipment
- Oversee and coordinate electrical work orders, service orders, and projects
- Develop cost estimates, documents and reports
- Be prepared to serve as 'essential' personnel in the event of an emergency
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in the degreed field
- Subject matter expertise of a minimum of 1 year experience in the discipline experience in: Construction/project management experience, Specification writing and shop drawing review, Cost estimating, Surveying and preparing design packages for new and existing electrical systems
- Experience in: Using Building Management Systems and AutoCAD, Managing major building renovations and recap projects
- Conducting reviews of engineering drawings
- Highly motivated to continue to develop professional licenses, certifications, and expertise through formal training and on-the-job experience
- US Citizenship required
- TS+ clearance required
- Certifications preferred: Engineer in Training (EIT), Professional Engineers License, Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Ability to: Coordinate activities with architecture, engineering, real estate, construction, and space planning efforts, and all customers, Coordinate operations, maintenance, repair, inspections for all equipment and mechanical rooms, Coordinate activities with trade shops, including Work Orders
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.