The Buildings & Infrastructure (B&I) Line of Business is a global network of approximately 11,500 employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Reporting directly to the Program Manager or Regional Manager, this positons has Management level employees on the project as direct reports. This may include Design and Procurement, but would focus on the overview of the General Contractor and the immediate construction of the project, as well as Controls. This positons is client facing and would be the direct contact as the highest ranking onsite Owners Representative with an emphasis on ensuring Schedule, Cost, Scope and Safety.
- Coordinate and oversee completion of activities in all phases of the project cycle of facilities-related construction projects
- Manage the project design and/or construction effort
- Manage and evaluate contractor performance
- Integrate and coordinate the project with field personnel
- Evaluate, determine disposition and manage project change requests
- Provide official weekly project status reports
- Prepare and distribute project communication with customers, management, integrated project teams and stakeholders
- Assist Contracting Officer and COTR with acquisition planning, execution, administration
- Collect requirements, prepare SOW, conduct market research and develop other documentation, as appropriate
- Conduct technical reviews and evaluate project solicitations, proposals, quotes and proposed change requests
- Review and approve shop drawings and submittals
- Conduct pre-bid and pre-construction site visits
- Validate invoices for partial or full payment
- Assist in the preparation of Contractor Performance Report (CPR) upon contract closeout
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited school in architecture, interior design, engineering, or other technical field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience at the Full Performance level in the degreed field
- Experience in commercial or Government facilities-related construction projects
- Experience managing projects
- Ability to handle multiple, demanding, and complex projects in a timely manner with accurate results
- Ability to work nights and weekends, as required, for operational necessities
- Highly motivated to continue to develop professional licenses, certifications, and expertise through formal training and on-the-job experience
- Licenses and/or certifications preferred: Engineer in Training (EIT), Architect license, NCIDQ certification, Professional Project Management certification
- Excellent written, oral communication skills, ability to communicate well at all organizational levels
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Thorough understanding and commitment to sound program management techniques
- US Citizenship is required
- TS+ Clearance required
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.