With 2014 revenues of approximately $12.7 billion and net income of $328.1 million, Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. (Jacobs) is one of the largest publicly traded (NYSE: JEC) and diverse providers of professional technical services in the world. Founded in 1947, the company has a market capitalization of $5.01 billion and over 62,000 employees worldwide.
The company's service portfolio consists of a comprehensive range of business solutions related to engineering, architecture, construction, operations and maintenance and scientific and specialty consulting.
Jacobs, in Irvine, CA has an opportunity for an Inside Sales Manager.
The primary responsibility of the Inside Sales Manager is to drive disciplined application of our three-phase Relationship Based Sales (RBS) Process: (1) develop and advance client relationships prior to opportunity identification (Opening Game); (2) strategically position us for specific opportunities (Middle Game); and (3) develop high-quality opportunity-specific response documents with competitive and compelling sales messages to satisfy client business goals (End Game). The Inside Sales Manager positions us to win work and supports global growth of our businesses.
- Lead by example, Jacobs' Beyond Zero program to promote an incident and injury free culture. Be proactive in ensuring health and safety of bid team throughout
- Organize, direct and motivate a multidiscipline pursuit team to develop strategic sales deliverables
- Support Sales Leads and Operations in key Opening Game activities, e.g. client, competitor and market research, development of documented Core Client Strategies, participation in 10:1s, development of Executive Summaries and White Papers
- Actively work with sales and operations to develop and implement Middle Game action plan, e.g. document due diligence in project brief, develop win plan, SWOT analysis, and Executive Summary, conduct Go/No Go and strategy review, identify execution team
- Plan, organize and direct all elements of End Game, e.g. analyze client request, develop response plan (B&P budget, response team, compliance check-list, response outline, schedule), initiate Go/No Go, conduct kick-off meeting, manage and work with team to develop response sections, refine Executive Summary, conduct in-progress reviews, schedule Pricing Reviews, ensure on-time delivery of response
- Translate the Win Strategy into key themes and produce compelling sales documents utilizing benefits statements, graphics, and proofs
- Work with Sales Lead and Capture Manager/Operations to develop B&P estimate, gain approval, regularly monitor B&P spending, and report any significant variances
- Work with Capture Manager/Operations to develop innovative solutions, or leverage corporate network to identify existing capabilities, that respond to client challenges and create a distinctive competitive advantage
- Develop and maintain qualification materials including project descriptions, experience matrices/overviews, safety and quality statistics, capability statements, etc. Specifically work with Operations to capture and develop performance proofs and client testimonials
- Share sales materials, information, knowledge and best practices with other Inside Sales team members company wide
- Education: 4 year college degree required
- Experience: 5 years of relevant experience within the AEC (Architecture, Engineering, Construction) Industry strongly preferred
- Technical: Strong capability in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite. Strong communication skills preferred
- Language: Effective verbal and written communication skills in English (and other languages, as applicable) preferred
- Other: Work may be required after hours and on weekends, and sometimes on short notice. Must also be willing and able to travel preferred
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.