Jacobs Information Solutions Group (ISG) provides information technology solutions and services to a broad range of both Government and private industry, including Department of Defense, Federal Civilian agencies, healthcare, education, and small/medium business market. Our analysts, engineers, and technicians are highly trained, qualified subject matter experts, understanding each segments specialized business processes, requirements, and functions. Combined with an extensive IT background, Information Solutions Group's enhanced IT services enable our clients to analyze existing business processes, identify process improvements, evaluate associated risks, and develop operational solutions.
The VTC Engineer will support the Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) program located in Crystal City, VA. The primary functions will include but are not limited to:
- Analyze and document current F-35 Program VTC Solutions
- Evaluate and recommend changes that may be required by or benefit the Government
- Provide a technology roadmap for VTC refresh
- Validate each VTC's security classifications
The selected candidate should have:
- Minimum of ten (10) years supporting the installation of communications infrastructure to include evaluating, designing, testing, documenting, installing, implementing, performing problem isolation and resolution, monitoring, tuning, setting standards and maintaining a range of Audio/Video (A/V) and VTC components and systems as well as communications infrastructure
- Minimum of five (5) years supporting an enterprise environment for both unclassified and classified infrastructures
- Demonstrated knowledge with a bridge management application to provide connectivity of conference calls at variable data rates so as to balance quality of connection with the customer's demand signal
- Demonstrated experience ensuring all hardware and software is maintained in compliance with current DoD Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) mandates; CompTIA A+ certification in accordance with DoD mandate 8570
Additional desired skills include:
- Familiarity with AF7 VTC capabilities and features
- Minimum of three (3) years support providing analysis and design for improved planning for upcoming requirements and enhancements to a current and future environment
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience in providing support and facilitating the execution of conference related needs via phone, e-mail, or face-to-face requests
- Demonstrated experience documenting system designs, network designs, test plans, Continuity of Operations (CONOPS), procedures, Standard Operating Procedure's (SOP's) for new projects including cost estimates
- Demonstrated experience coordinating with other sites, customers, contractors, and other DoD agencies as needed to support project planning and implementation
- Demonstrated experience assisting A/V conferencing technicians on the execution of conference related needs via phone, e-mail, or face-to-face requests
- Demonstrated experience and skills with network, security, and video engineering
This position requires a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Sciences, or related IT discipline with 10 or more years of progressive related experience. An IAT Level II certification is required in accordance with DOD 8570 Requirements. A grace period of 60 days from hire may be granted if the selected candidate holds a current IAT Level I certification. The minimum of an active interim Secret or Secret level DoD security clearance is required.
The following certifications are desired:
- CCNA or CCNP is highly desirable
- Industry certifications in one or more of the following (i.e. Polycom, Tandberg, Cisco, Avaya, Microsoft, etc.)
- Certification in the following: Microsoft Office Specialist - Excel 2007, Outlook 2007, Word 2007
Jacobs ISG is proud to be an EEO/AA Employer
Requires sitting for extended periods of time at a desk (90%). Requires sitting at a computer terminal for long periods of time (90%). There is a possibility that due to parking availability and location of work area walking moderate to long distances can sometimes be required.
Inside office/cubicle environment. Requires ability to interact professionally with co-workers and all levels of management (100%).
Equipment and Machines
Requires ability to operate a personal computer, a telephone, copier, and other general office equipment (100%). Ability to conduct evaluation of third and fourth generation or current state of the art computer hardware and software and its ability to support specific requirements, interfacing with other equipment and systems.
Attendance is critical. Work hours are normally 8 hours per day and 5 days per week, Monday through Friday. Being prompt is important to provide continuous and on-going service to customers. Attendance is important to maintain continuity of service. Work outside of normal duty hours may be required with as little as one hour advance notice. Overtime is infrequent, but important when required (1%).
Other Essential Functions
Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization. Must be able to obtain and retain a security clearance. Must be a U.S. citizen. Must be able to obtain unescorted access to work areas. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
An IAT Level II certification is required in accordance with DOD 8570 Requirements. A grace period of 60 days from hire may be granted if the selected candidate holds a current IAT Level I certification. The minimum of an active interim Secret or Secret level DoD security clearance is required.