Senior Scheduler responsible for comprehensive understanding and application of principles, theories, concepts, and industry practices and standards of design, construction and CPM schedule development, maintenance and management.
You will perform work of complex scope. Works under general supervision while participating in setting assignment objectives; work is reviewed for adequacy on completion. Represents the organization by interacting with internal and external personnel on significant matters including presentations to clients and outside bodies.
Cooperation and Communication:
• Will be required to be reasonably flexible and adaptable which will entail advising or working on a project or projects with multiple discipline teams and personnel, in varying locations.
• Will be required to work with Jacobs' systems and procedures, including IT systems, and will need to assist with and drive the implementation of new systems, including IT systems, and procedures as directed by Jacobs' management, from time to time.
• Observe HSE rules and procedures at all times;
• Ensure a high standard of housekeeping in his/her work area and set examples for HSE to other employees;
• Compliance with Beyond Zero philosophies;
• Reports hazards, accidents, property damage and substandard actions and conditions;
• Participate in accident investigations.
Duties and Responsibilities: When and where required, key duties will include but may not be limited to:
• Scheduler for Engineering, Procurement and or Construction projects
• Facilitate multi-company interactive planning sessions
• Create and update CPM schedules
• Communicate schedule status on a regular basis via formal and informal meetings and reports
• Analyse CPM schedules and recommend work-arounds and schedule improvement ideas
• Interact with engineering and construction personnel to understand and communicate issues and conflicts that impact the schedule
• Coordinate the project earned value system with schedule updates and production of progress curves.
• Review, advise and participate in the preparation of Jacobs' entitlements, as the need arises, including forensic schedule analysis.
• Review, advise and participate in the resolution of Contractor(s) or Vendor(s) entitlements, as the need arises, including forensic schedule analysis.
• Support disciplines to maintain compliance with the project schedule.
• Adhere to Jacobs Standard Operating Procedures
• Actively cooperate with members of your Project Management team.
• Establish a mutually respectful relationship with key Jacobs and Client personnel with whom you interact.
• Demonstrate experience on past projects with a TIC value up to €250m executed in Ireland or abroad.
• Provide best endeavours to meet commitments made to the operations, individually or as a team, to complete work by certain dates or within agreed effort hour or cost budgets.
• Continually look for ways to improve our work processes.
• Analyse outside information for best practices.
o Extensive years of experience is required
o Expert in Primavera P6 software
o Experience in scheduling the full life cycle of a project
o Sound knowledge of design and construction sequence and logic
o Pharmaceutical and/or BioPharma experience required
o Experience in using and understanding earned value progress required
o Experience in all phases of home office engineering required
o Excellent oral and written communication skills required
o Degree qualified in Construction, Engineering or other allied third level qualification.