As a global leader of Program Management and Construction Management (PM/CM) services with projects ranging from $1 million to programs that cost up to $10 billion, we deliver award winning total Design and/or Construction Management projects for public and private sector clients. From the pre-construction phase, through complete erection of the project, to the post-construction and commissioning, we function as an extension of our clients' goals and aspirations. Project sector and types include: Aviation, Emergency Operations & Data Centers, Healthcare, both Higher Education and K-12, Hospitality & Entertainment, Correctional & Rehabilitation Facilities, and Research & Development Facilities.
Reporting directly to the Construction Project Manager, this position is usually site based. Responsibilities include direct contact and overview of the General Contractor to ensure a high level of quality and safety is maintained as required by both Jacobs and our client. Office work would include involvement with the creation and review of both Requests for Information and Requests for Proposal and Change Orders. Must have Primavera P6 experience - This at times is a client facing position.
- Oversee that all work is performed in accordance with approved manuals and procedures
- Oversee that the project is constructed and documented in accordance with the contract documents and good engineering practices
- Provide technical support to Project Managers and be responsible for developing and maintaining project cost/change controls, and project budget and accounting records
- Performs change order estimating and assists the Project Manager in change order negotiations
- Coordinates and monitors schedule updates, invoices and submittals
- Assist in managing and reviewing the progress of contractors' construction schedules
- Review weekly and monthly reports on the status and progress of the contracts, including project costs and potential changes
- Report the status of projects to Jacobs' business / market leader
- Attend client program meetings as needed
- A safety leader through example, words, and compliance
- Oversee construction quality assurance
- Bachelors or Masters of Science in Civil, Structural, or Mechanical Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture, or other related discipline required
- 5 years of project experience required functioning as a Project Engineer or PM level.
- Professional Engineer registration preferred
- Experience with large manufacturing facilities construction sites preferred
- Experience in the capacity of Quantity Surveying preferred
- Proficient with MS Office Suite of tools, exposure to schedule software, preferably Primavera (P6) Required
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.