The Buildings & Infrastructure (B&I) Line of Business is a global network of approximately 11,500 employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Reporting to the Construction Manager or Project Manager, this is a site based position that interacts directly with the General Contractor. This role ensures that the scope of work is followed as per the clients specifications on schedule, with quality craftsmanship, and safely. Other responsibilities include reading construction drawings, and a working knowledge of local codes and regulations.
- Oversee and coordinate maintenance/repair work assignments performed by technicians, vendors and contractors preforming building maintenance, landscaping and janitorial work.
- Coordinate and oversee completion of activates in all phases of the project cycle of facilities- related construction projects.
- Respond to client inquiries regarding maintenance and work order status.
- Manage various construction and renovation projects, and maintain/coordinate updates to facilities as-built drawings and their approval in new construction and renovation projects.
- Perform facilities inspections and prepare reports.
- May coordinate and manage move, addition and change activities.
- Assist in the preparation of operation and capital budgets.
- Manage vendor relationships and validate work performance to facilitate invoice approval sand ensure billing integrity.
- Proactively manage all facility services in accordance with the client's standards, processes, and procedures.
- Implement preventive, ongoing, and anticipated maintenance and repair programs.
- Develop multi-year improvement project plans and manage the process to complete the capital projects.
- Monitor performance of contractors and vendors per scope of work and contractual agreements.
- High school diploma or GED and 5 years general work experience, or service in the US Armed Forces with an honorable discharge
- 10 years of experience
- 10 years of experience in one or more of the following: Construction management, Building operations and management, Project management, related to facilities operations, Customer service, related to facilities operations
- Experience in electrical distribution systems, uninterruptible power supplies, control systems, chillers, air handling units, building automation systems, working in a classified environment
- Knowledge of pipe fitting, plumbing, electrical, maintenance (i.e. carpentry, painting, masonry), and other general trades
- Ability to occasionally work nights and weekends for operational necessities
- Ability to travel to other facilities in WMA
- Highly motivated to continue to develop professional licenses, certifications, and expertise through formal training and on-the-job experience
- Certifications preferred: Professional Project Manager
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite and Project software packages
- Ability to effectively use e-mail to communicate
- Proven record as an effective administrator
- US Citizenship required
- TS+ Clearance required
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.