The Jacobs Software Engineering Center is a premier provider of process-based systems and software engineering products and services. We focus on innovative solutions for our customers at the Department of Defense (DOD) and other Government organizations. We create cutting edge software applications for military aircraft that are used by the U.S. Air Force, Marines, Army, Navy and the Coast Guard. Our software supports mission critical needs of our defense forces.
The ideal candidates will be responsible for the following:
- Assists in the development of requirements related documentation (such as the RTM, SRS, etc), and ensures proper process is followed.
- Assists in determining whether requirements adhere to standards, are properly traced, reviewed and placed under the appropriate level of control.
- Creates and maintains applicable Software Design Plans, Software Development Plans, Unit Test Plans, Test Scripts with Test Data, for each appropriate application.
- Performs technical tasks to include requirements, design, code and unit test activities. Applies advanced technologies, scientific principles, theories and concepts in related technical disciplines or in a specialty.
- Supports resolution of technical issues as they arise.
- In addition to software engineering activities, provides support for the preparation (including briefings, metrics and status reports) and attendance of technical and managerial meetings and reviews as well as any other travel activities specified by the program.
- Identifies and reports any project risks to the Risk Manager and/or Development Lead.
- Assists other software engineers as directed.
* This list is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities
- Requires a minimum of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in a related scientific or engineering discipline and 3 years of related experience, or a Master's degree from an accredited college or university in a related scientific or engineering discipline and 2 years of related experience, or a PhD degree from an accredited college or university in a related scientific or engineering discipline.
Knowledge, skills & abilities required:
- Knowledge of, and skill in applying, most of the following: software engineering principles, methods, and practices in the assigned specialty area; systems development life cycle management concepts; performance monitoring principles and methods; quality assurance principles; technical documentation methods and procedures; systems security methods and procedures; analytical methods; and oral and written communication techniques sufficient to accomplish assignments such as: perform routine and recurring assignments in the specialty area; identify and resolve issues and problems; prepare and update manuals, instructions, and operating procedures; provide information and assistance to customers; evaluate established methods and procedures and prepare recommendations for changes in methods and practices where appropriate; and ensure the application of appropriate security measures to the assignment. Knowledge of, and skill in applying applications software development principles and methods sufficient to participate in the design, development, testing, and implementation of new or modified applications software.
- A working knowledge of computer programming with direct experience using Visual Studio 2005/08/10, C++, C#/..NET Framework, MFC, COM/dCOM, JAVA, ASP Script, WebService, SQL Server, WPF, Win-Forms, MS Access, HTML, and/or multiprocessor software applications and distributed computer networks.
- Use of computer systems with Microsoft Windows operating systems.
- Employee must also provide programming support for nonstandard and proprietary hardware and software systems.
U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED. Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Work involves an inside office environment/cubicle. Independent transportation necessary to support work requirements and to arrive at work site. No hazards on job site or any unusual environmental condition exists.
Working at a computer or desk (Considerations: sitting, eyes, hands). May involve long periods of sitting or standing depending on current tasking.
Equipment and Machines
Personal computer (75%), scanner (5%), copy machine (5%), telephone (5%), laser printer (5%), fax machine (2%), and other office equipment including desk supplies.
With the exception of STD/LTD/FMLA & approved time off, attendance is considered essential.
Other Essential Functions
1) Some local travel is anticipated.
2) Must communicate effectively across multiple levels
3) Must be able to work under supervision and respond appropriately and professionally to feedback from a supervisor.