The Jacobs Software Engineering Center is a premier provider of process-based systems and software engineering products and services. We focus on innovative solutions for our customers at the Department of Defense (DOD) and other Government organizations. We create cutting edge software applications for military aircraft that are used by the U.S. Air Force, Marines, Army, Navy and the Coast Guard. Our software supports mission critical needs of our defense forces.
At our Nashua, New Hampshire location, our software internships offer students the opportunity to gain real-life experience in all phases of software development. This is an educational entry level position intended to allow participation in work experiences in fields related to Mission Planning - which includes the tools used by our defense forces to do their jobs. Our Interns work under the mentorship of an Engineer and reviews project instructions to ascertain requirements, specifications, procedures, objectives, equipment, nature of technical problems, and possible solutions. Duties/responsibilities for our interns include, but are not limited to;
- Performing technical tasks to include writing real product code and associated unit tests.
- Applying advanced technologies, scientific principles, theories and concepts in related technical disciplines or in a specialty.
- Support resolution of technical issues as they arise.
- In addition to software engineering activities, provides support for the preparation (including briefings and status reports) and attendance of technical and management meetings and reviews.
Knowledge, skills & abilities required:
- Ability to create quality code using at least one programming language such as C#, C++ or Java.
- Understanding of the fundamentals of object oriented programming.
- Enrolled Full-Time or Part-Time in an accredited educational institution in the U.S.
- Must have completed freshman year of undergraduate studies.
- Have demonstrated very strong aptitude in major field of study.
Training & Certifications:
- Pursuing a Bachelor's Undergraduate in Computer Science or Computer Engineering at an accredited college or university.
U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED. Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Work involves an inside office environment/cubicle. Independent transportation necessary to support work requirements and to arrive at work site. No hazards on job site or any unusual environmental condition exists.
Working at a computer or desk (Considerations: sitting, eyes, hands). May involve long periods of sitting or standing depending on current tasking.
Equipment and Machines
Personal computer (75%), scanner (5%), copy machine (5%), telephone (5%), laser printer (5%), fax
machine (2%), and other office equipment including desk supplies.
With the exception of STD/LTD/FMLA & approved time off, attendance is considered essential.
Other Essential Functions
1) Some local travel is anticipated.
2) Must communicate effectively across multiple levels
3) Must be able to work under supervision and respond appropriately and professionally to feedback from a supervisor.