Jacobs is one of the nation's largest engineering and technical services companies with more than 60,000 employees worldwide. At the US Army Aberdeen Test Center (ATC) within Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland, Jacobs Technology employees, along with our teammate companies Caelum, SOI, eLe, and Trident, ensure the weapons, vehicles, and equipment that the war fighter depends on are safe, effective and reliable.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Jacobs does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by country, regional, or local law. To view the DOL's Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster, please click here http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Jacobs has an exciting Human Resources Representative position within our HR Department. This positon is a temporary position with the strong possibility of becoming permanent.
This HR Administrative position services all functional areas of the Human Resources Department.
- Administers company benefit programs to include new hire enrollment, annual open enrollment and termination updates in a timely manner.
- Conducts reconciliation of plans and processes through ad-hoc reports to ensure accuracy.
- Supports employees with benefit questions including, FMLA/LOA through established policies, benefits, forms, records and practices. Timely resolution of all employee issues.
- Conducts New Hire Orientation and Exit Interviews.
- Maintains accurate databases and employment files to include: employee actions, I-9 Documentation, medical correspondences, and performs audits on employee files to ensure compliance.
- Administration of company pay programs such as tuition assistance & military leave.
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Cross trained in areas of recruiting and onboarding.
- In addition, performs other duties as assigned by the Human Resources Manager.
- Must have 5 yrs. related experience.
- B.S. Degree in related field preferred.
- Strong communication, time management and organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and demonstrated proficiency in typing skills.
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft or Oracle HRIS Systems or Taleo Applicant Tracking Systems a plus.
UNUSUAL OR SPECIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF POSITION
Must be able to type at a rate of at least 40 words per minute. May require sitting at a computer for extended periods of time (up to 100%). The ability to bend/stoop, crouch, kneel, reach above shoulder level is required (up to 25%).
DESCRIPTION OF WORK ENVIRONMENT
Work is inside in an office setting. Requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with all members of office staff. Will maintain a close and highly responsive relationship to the day-to-day activities of the needs of the customer and other office staff. May often work fairly independently, receiving a minimum of detailed supervision and guidance.
EQUIPMENT AND MACHINES INVOLVED IN WORK TASKS
Work requires regular use of typical office equipment such as a personal computer (up to 80%), copiers (up to 20%) and fax machines (up to 20%).
CRITICALITY OF ATTENDANCE
Attendance is critical at all times during normal duty hours. Work outside of normal duty hours, including weekends and holidays, may be required with as little as one-hour advance notice.
OTHER ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Must be able to obtain an interim secret security clearance in order to gain access to required areas, networks and systems within thirty (30) days of date of your offer letter. Must further be able to obtain and retain a secret security clearance. Must be able to provide proof of U.S. citizenship. Must be able to obtain and retain unescorted access to work areas. Must be able to wear personal protective equipment when required. Must have a valid driver's license and personal transportation for the purpose of moving around the proving ground to accomplish job functions and in order to operate a rental vehicle if and when travel is required.