Our Nationwide Global Buildings Design team consists of 2500 professionals focused on leadership in technology, process innovation, and sustainability. Jacobs ranks #1 in the Engineering/Architecture, Construction Management, and BIM-Engineering categories; and is also leading Engineering Design firm in the Healthcare, Data Center, University, Government and Corporate Commercial sector. We provide award winning planning, architecture, interior design, engineering, construction management, program management, and design-build of new buildings; as well as expansion, renovation and refurbishment of existing facilities for public and private sector clients. Our collaborative approach allows us successfully deliver fully integrated professional services for a broad range of clients and project types worldwide.
Reporting directly to the Discipline Director, Senior Project Architect, or Discipline Specialist, this role researches, programs, plans, designs, and administers building projects for clients, applying knowledge of architectural design, construction detailing, construction procedures, zoning and building codes, and building materials for clients according to their desires, needs, and financial resources.
- Plans and programs layout of project(s); coordinates and integrates all other discipline elements into unified design for client review and approval
- Performs work of complex scope
- Conducts periodic on-site observation of work during construction to monitor compliance with detailed design documents
- Prepares quantitative data (e.g. material take-offs) to support construction cost estimates
- Monitors architectural project scope development and changes, tracking adjustments to the projected project construction cost
- May prepare client project presentations studies, and reports
- Represents organization, with internal and external personnel, on significant matters
- Utilizes computer-assisted design software and equipment to prepare project designs and plans
- May direct activities of workers engaged in preparing drawings and specification documents for the Conceptual Design Phase, Schematic Design Phase, and/or the Detailed Design Phase of a project
- Perform business development, networking and marketing activities related to securing clients and winning programs/projects within the specified market as required
- Periodic travel to construction sites should be anticipated
- 10 years' related experience is required
- BA/BS or Bachelors in Architecture is required
- Architecture registration in the U.S. and other countries with applicable requirements is required
- Demonstrated program experience in the usage of Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp, basic rendering and publishing programs, and Microsoft Office suite is required
- Familiarity with building code requirements is required
- Project Management and project production team lead experience is required
- Strong organizational, communications (both verbal and written) skills, and leadership abilities are required
- Ability to effectively coordinate with internal architectural and engineering team members is required
- Master's Degree in Architecture is preferred
- Participation in professional organizations is preferred
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.