Mining and Minerals Americas is a leader in providing innovative solutions to resolve today's complex mining, minerals, and associated infrastructure issues. With over 2,000 employees across the Americas we offer services including EPC/CM, modularization/fabrication, commissioning and start-up/decommissioning and removal, maintenance, asset management, project planning, and project management.
Participates in the design of a process unit, including establishing process design basis, development of process options and optimization of selected design. Lead responsibility for technical direction of a group of engineers or functions as a technical specialist formulating and developing advanced engineering concepts, techniques, and standards. Develops solutions to complex problems that require a high degree of innovation and ingenuity.
- Implements, modifies, and maintains chemical processes
- Calculates and organizes data for process flow sheets including instrumentation and control considerations
- Models processes and units operations
- Ensures proper sequence of operation
- Prepares specifications and operating instructions for processing equipment
- Develops process flow diagram to define heat and material balance
- Develops process specifications, e.g. distillation columns, pressure vessels, pumps, compressors, heat exchangers, and fired heaters
- Participates in planning, cost development and management, and scheduling for assigned projects
- Directs activities to ensure that construction, installation, and operational testing conform to functional specifications, recognized codes and standards, and customer requirements
- Maintains effective communication with project team members and with the customer
- Recognized Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in engineering or technical field from an accredited college or University required
- 10+ years' of relevant experience required
- Experience in heavy industry such as iron, steel, non-ferrous metals, coal or other minerals preferred
- Specific background in material handling, mineral processing, fluid flow, heat transfer, combustion systems, air pollution control and utility systems preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
- P.E. License preferred
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.