Functional Responsibility: Leads a team responsible for SQL and Oracle system Installs, upgrades, migrations, patches, tuning, cloning, troubleshooting, refreshing and maintaining file system (creates users and groups, reviews log files), Additional duties are problem diagnoses, permissions resolution, performance monitoring and troubleshooting alerts from DoD, commercial, open source monitoring tools. Also required is the ability to apply standard techniques, procedures, and \ongoing support to customers as a systems administrator and to assist subordinates in meeting the objectives of all projects assigned them.BS or BA degree in a Computer Science or "Relevant Technical Discipline".
At least five (5) years of experience in systems administration and analysis.
*** ALLOWABLE SUBSTITUTION: The equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.***
System administration skills require hands-on experience with SQL operating systems, Oracle databases, Fusion Middleware, reports and Weblogic server systems. Direct experience in leading SQL server team support and project efforts in a real time, computer facility to ensure conformance to overall task objectives is required.
Skills Desired: U.S. Citizenship and ability to obtain interim and maintain a final U.S. DoD security clearance is required. Must be Site Collection certified, possess Security + cert and be compliant with DoD 8570.
• Working at a computer or desk (Considerations: Sitting, Eyes, Hands) 75%
• May involve long periods of sitting or standing depending on current tasking
• An inside office environment (Considerations: Closed quarters, lighting, and temperature fluctuations)
Needs to be able to work well with and support co-workers and clients
• Needs to have clear, concise and accurate communication skills
• Standard office equipment and machines, computer workstation
• Normal hours are Monday - Thursday 7:00am - 5:00pm, non-flex Fridays 7:00am to 4:00pm
• Punctuality and regular attendance are necessary to meet deadlines
• Regular attendance is necessary and required
• Must be able to communicate effectively
• Must demonstrate professional behavior at all times when dealing with clients, management and employees
• Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk to the employee or others
• Must be able to support and work in a proactive team environment
• Must hold the safety of yourself and those around you as the number one priority in the workplace
• Must be compliant with DOD 8570 to perform this work and possess Sec + and an applicable Operating system cert.
• Must possess a Secret Security clearance and be able to possess an SSBI level clearance
• Must qualify and be able to hold a valid DoD CAC card to perform this work