As our Project Accountant, you'll be joining our in-house corporate accounting department. You will become an important part of our global team by providing accounting support within our systems to the project delivery efforts for our clients and internal teams.
The Project Accountant interprets accounting data, analyzes reports and recommends follow-up actions to take in accordance with GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) and DCAA (Defense Contract Audit Agency) xxxxxxx this role, you will help to identify and monitor project revenue/cost variances and reconcile accounts and related information, as well as issue and review client invoices to ensure they are in accordance with the contract terms and help mentor and guide Junior Project Accountants.
Our Project Accountant:
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
- Reviews contract terms and associated information to ensure that project setup generates appropriate results.
- Prepares difficult journal entries, maintains complex ledgers, reconciles and analyzes specific cost or project account ledgers.
- Provides month-end reporting on project performance.
- Monitors project investment accounts including Accounts Receivable (A/R), Work in Progress (WIP), BIE and gross margin.
- Analyzes and verifies internal consistency, completeness and accuracy of project data, including but not limited to accruals, revenue and cost budgets, Estimate at Completion (EAC) updates, invoicing and project costs.
- Contacts other departments and outside vendors, suppliers and clients to resolve accounting questions or problems.
- Conducts ad hoc reporting, as needed.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting or Business Administration.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English.
- Previous work experience in accounting or finance.
- Ability to apply accounting/finance knowledge and technical skills to large number of diverse situations, including routine setup and management.
- Working knowledge of accounting software, preferably Oracle.
- International working environment and unique company culture
- Opportunity to work closely and directly with the core business in one of the best engineering companies
- Personal development opportunities
- Friendly atmosphere in a dynamic and growing team
- full time employment contract with salary corresponding to qualifications
- Benefits package including medical care, insurance, sport activities and other
At CH2M, the greatest challenges provide the biggest rewards. Each day, your drive and creative ideas will be providing solutions that help build a better tomorrow. Whether it is the pride that comes with accomplishment, personal growth or making a difference in the world, you will discover true success in a career that brings out the best in you at CH2M. Ready? Let's get to work. Developing People through Challenging Projects CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Location CH2M, Krakow
View on Google maps