ABB is currently developing the IS PMO Organization to consolidate and deliver high quality IS services to ABB business units around the globe and focus more of our attention to innovation and development. Joining the ABB IS PMO Organization, you will have the opportunity to work in a high-paced, international environment, solve complex problems and grow together with the rapidly developing business. For our growing global team, we are currently looking for candidates for the position of Global IS Project Portfolio Manager to build our Project Management capability.
The core responsibility of Global IS Project Portfolio Manager will be the delivery of global IS Project Portfolio Planning and Reporting. As part of that, the Global IS Project Portfolio Manager will be managing a team of both global and local IS Project portfolio Planners as well as will closely cooperate with Global IS Department Manager for PM Pool, Operational IS PMOs and Global IS Project Assessment Manager to ensure the delivery of IS Projects planning, including Gate assessment planning, risk reporting and forecasting functions.
As a Global IS Project Portfolio Manager, you will:
- Be accountable for providing project portfolio planning and reporting services, enabling an optimal and reliable portfolio plan for professional support services to PMs, PPM and PMO;
- Deliver IS Projects planning and forecasting functions;
- Manage a team of Portfolio Planners and Analysts;
- Ensure the installation / management / maintenance / optimization of internal IS and cross-functional processes related to PMO support services;
- Ensure alignment and compliance with the relevant IS Standards and any other applicable ABB Group Directives and ABB Group Guidelines;
- Manage assigned budget effectively and deliver activities within agreed schedules and costs;
- Identify and analyze key stakeholders and increase satisfaction by assessing expectations and ensuring actions are taken to close any gaps;
- Inform/consult the relevant IS colleagues and stakeholders on any change/incident/project activities which may have a major impact on the others' areas of responsibility;
- Execute, for assigned tasks, all actions in IS processes according to agreed RACIS and LEC specification;
- Ensure (with HR Manager support) that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed, skilled and directed. You will guide, motivate and develop direct and indirect subordinates within HR policies, for the benefit of both ABB and the employee.
- At least 5-10 years' experience in people management;
Extensive experience in team building, management, recruiting, coaching, mentoring, assessment and development is a must;
- Strong negotiation, facilitation and consensus building skills;
- General Project Management knowledge in area of IT/IS, with Project Management experience;
- Strong ability to build and sustain relationship on senior management level;
- PMP certification or equivalent;
- Excellent communication skills - ability to communicate with the team and various stakeholders;
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills;
- Good organization, time management, decision making and influencing skills;
- Flexibility, persistence, accompanied by quality and results orientation;
- Ability to work in a global, multicultural work environment.