ABB is currently developing the IS PMO Organization to consolidate and deliver high quality IS services to ABB business units around the globe and focus more of our attention to innovation and development. Joining the ABB IS PMO Organization, you will have the opportunity to work in a high-paced, international environment, solve complex problems and grow together with the rapidly developing business. For our growing global team, we are currently looking for candidates for the position of Global IS PMO Support Team Manager to build our Project Management capability.
The core responsibility of Global IS PMO Support Team Manager will be the provisioning of IS PMO Support functions such as: tool support for PM/PPM/PMO, training and certification services, methodology consulting and tools, general PMO support.
As a Global IS PMO Support Team Manager, you will:
- Be accountable for professional support services to Project Managers, Project Portfolio Managers and Project Management Office;
- Ensure Data Quality and Reporting facilities;
- Ensure IS service/support of the relevant practice within ABB Group, supporting execution of requirements within budgeted costs and time;
- Ensure the installation / management / maintenance / optimization of internal IS and cross-functional processes related to PMO support services;
- Ensure alignment and compliance with the relevant IS Standards and any other applicable ABB Group Directives and ABB Group Guidelines;
- Train the Project Managers in the use of the tools;
- Manage assigned budget effectively and deliver activities within agreed schedules and costs;
- Analyze and manage key stakeholders by assessing expectations and ensuring actions are taken to close any gaps;
- Inform/consult the relevant IS colleagues and stakeholders on any change/incident/project activities which may have a major impact on the others' areas of responsibility;
- Execute, for assigned tasks, all actions in IS processes according to agreed RACIS and LEC specification;
- Ensure (with HR Manager support) that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed, skilled and directed. You will guide, motivate and develop direct and indirect subordinates within HR policies, for the benefit of both ABB and the employee.
- At least 5 years' experience in people management;
Extensive experience in team building, management, recruiting, coaching, mentoring, assessment and development is a must;
- General Project Management knowledge in area of IT/IS, with Project Management experience;
- Above 2 years' experience in development and operations of tools similar to global PPM and PM tools, preferred in Agile and DevOps;
- Experience with IS PM training and Certification process and tools LMS class;
- Experience in defining IS Project Methodology and tools;
- Experience in providing PMO Operations and support;
- Excellent communication skills - ability to communicate with the team and various stakeholders;
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills;
- Good organization, time management, decision making and influencing skills;
- Flexibility, persistence, accompanied by quality and results orientation;
- Strong negotiation, facilitation and consensus building skills;
- Ability to work in a global, multicultural work environment.