ABB is currently developing the IS PMO Organization to consolidate and deliver high quality IS services to ABB business units around the globe and focus more of our attention to innovation and development. Joining the ABB IS PMO Organization, you will have the opportunity to work in a high-paced, international environment, solve complex problems and grow together with the rapidly developing business. For our growing global team, we are currently looking for candidates for the position of Global IS Manager for PMO to build our Project Management capability.
The core responsibility of Global IS Manager for PMO will be to define and provide professional global IS PMO services to the ABB IS and its customers. Additionally, the person selected will be in charge of leading the Global IS PMO department, providing functions of: IS PM Workforce Management, Global Project Portfolio Planning, Global Operational PMO, Global Project Assessment, Global PMO Support and Global IS Department for PM Pool at Group Function Level.
As a Global IS Manager for PMO, you will:
- Collaborate with the Group IS Department Heads, Service Delivery Center Managers, internal and 3rd Party IS Suppliers to provide appropriate IS PMO Services and Solutions - all in relevance to the department's practice expertise, leading to improved efficiency or operational functionality;
- Deliver IS PMO service/support within ABB Group supporting execution of requirements within budgeted costs and time schedule;
- Implement effective interfaces between local/corporate IS teams for all PMO activities;
- Design and maintain globally managed Project Managers' pool and allocate them to project demand according to strategic relevance;
- Be responsible for all global and local IS PM/PMO work in the areas of: PM Workforce planning, IS Project Assessment, IS Project Methodology & tools, IS Project Administration Support, global & local IS Project Portfolio Planning and Reporting as well as all Operational PMO activities;
- Collaborate with Business Engagement Managers to understand related business process demand and evaluate their implications on the project execution process;
- Manage assigned budget effectively and deliver activities within agreed schedules and costs;
- Define and set standards for Project Management methods and quality assurance as well as ensure compliance with any other ABB IS Standards;
- Increase satisfaction of PMO services by assessing expectations, making sure actions are taken to close any gaps;
- Build and maintain good relationships with senior ABB business managers and key stakeholders;
- Consult and provide input for any incident, change or project which has, or might have, a major impact on the area of responsibility. In case of problems, provide project recovery;
- Inform/consult relevant IS colleagues on any change or project activities which may have a major impact on the others' areas of responsibility;
- If requested, contribute to the development of the ABB IS Strategy and IS Enterprise Architecture;
- Ensure (with HR Manager support) that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed, skilled and directed. Guide, motivate and develop direct and indirect subordinates within HR policies, for the benefit of both ABB and the employee.
- At least 5-10 years' of line management experience with excellent organizational development and management skills. Experience in managing highly experienced Project Managers team is highly desired;
- At least 5 years of experience in Project management area, including strong project assessment experience, IS project methodology & tools knowledge;
- Strong financial management knowledge and experience;
- Ability to build and sustain long lasting business relationships with various stakeholders;
- Excellent communication skills - ability to communicate with the team and various stakeholders;
- Ability to drive and implement the organizational changes;
- Strong strategic and results orientation with the relevant customer-focus attitude;
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills;
- Good organization, time management, decision making and influencing skills;
- Flexibility, persistence, accompanied by quality;
- Strong negotiation, facilitation and consensus building skills;
- Ability to work in a global, multicultural work environment.