ABB is currently developing the IS PMO Organization to consolidate and deliver high quality IS services to ABB business units around the globe and focus more of our attention to innovation and development. Joining the ABB IS PMO Organization, you will have the opportunity to work in a high-paced, international environment, solve complex problems and grow together with the rapidly developing business. For our growing global team, we are currently looking for candidates for the position of Global IS Project Assessment Manager to build our Project Management capability.
The core responsibility of Global IS Project Assessment Manager will be the provisioning of global project assessment services to strategic initiatives ensuring professional project execution and effective risk management, enabling project delivery in time/scope/budget.
As a Global IS Project Assessment Manager, you will:
- Be accountable for professional project assessment services and that project risks are properly identified and monitored for all IS projects in the global portfolio;
- Ensure IS service/support of the relevant practice within ABB Group supporting execution of requirements within budgeted costs and time;
- Escalate, if IS projects are handling too much uncontrolled risk;
- Ensure the installation / management / maintenance / optimization of internal IS and cross-functional processes and tools related to project assessment services;
- Ensure alignment and compliance with relevant IS Standards and any other applicable ABB Group Directives and ABB Group Guidelines;
- Manage assigned budget effectively and deliver activities within agreed schedules and costs;
- Analyze and manage key stakeholders by assessing expectations and ensuring actions are taken to close any gaps;
- Inform/consult relevant IS colleagues and stakeholders on any change/incident/project activities which may have a major impact on the others' areas of responsibility;
- Execute, for assigned tasks, all actions in IS processes according to agreed RACIS and LEC specification;
- Ensure (with HR Manager support) that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed, skilled and directed. Guide, motivate and develop direct and indirect subordinates within HR policies, for the benefit of both ABB and the employee.
- Extensive experience in IS Project Management as well as very good Governance and Stage Gate Model knowledge;
- Excellent knowledge of IS Project Management Best Practices;
- Excellent communication skills, including: knowledge of interviewing techniques, ability to provide constructive feedback, active listening skills etc.;
- Good critical and analytical thinking ability;
- Ability to communicate with project team members and various stakeholders, including sponsors and steering committees;
- Ability to resolve complex problems and make the relevant judgements and decisions as required;
- Strong Gate Assessor experience proven by the relevant IS Gate Assessor Certification and experience;
- Strong strategic and results orientation with the relevant customer-focus attitude;
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills;
- Good organization, time management, decision making and influencing skills;
- Flexibility, persistence, accompanied by quality;
- Strong negotiation, facilitation and consensus building skills;
- Ability to work in a global, multicultural work environment.