ABB is currently developing the IS PMO Organization to consolidate and deliver high quality IS services to ABB business units around the globe and focus more of our attention to innovation and development. Joining the ABB IS PMO Organization, you will have the opportunity to work in a high-paced, international environment, solve complex problems and grow together with the rapidly developing business. For our growing global team, we are currently looking for candidates for the position of Global IS Department Manager for Project Manager Pools to build our Project Management capability.
The core responsibility of Global IS Department Manager for PM-Pool will be installing, developing, leading and supervising the multinational team of IS Projects Managers within ABB. The person selected will be also responsible for planning, enquiring and assigning qualified IS Project managers to the relevant IS Projects.
As a Global IS Department Manager for PM-Pool, you will:
- Collaborate with the Group IS Department Heads, Service Delivery Center Managers, internal and 3rd Party IS Suppliers to provide needed project management services;
- Drive for constant improvement of project execution KPIs;
- Deliver IS project management services within ABB Group, supporting execution of requirements within budgeted costs and time schedule;
- Implement effective interfaces between local/corporate IS teams for all IS, relevant to the project execution.
- Ensure optimal set up and mix of Global IS Project Managers workforce capacity, capabilities and localization;
- Plan globally required IS PM resource capacity and capability upon IS project request from global IS project portfolio plan;
- Ensure large IS Projects staffing with IS Project Managers, according to IS Strategy and priorities;
- Define IS PM competencies required to manage various IS projects types;
- Define and maintain standard roles for PMs and ensures those are used consistently globally;
- Manage assigned budget effectively and delivers activities within agreed schedules and costs;
- Increase satisfaction of project management services by assessing expectations, making sure actions are taken to close any gaps;
- Inform/consult relevant IS colleagues on any change or project activities which may have a major impact on the others' areas of responsibility;
- Execute, for assigned tasks, all actions in IS processes according to agreed RACIS and LEC specification;
- If requested, contribute to the development of the ABB IS Strategy and IS Enterprise Architecture;
- Ensures (with HR Manager support) that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed, skilled and directed. Guides, motivates and develops direct and indirect subordinates within HR policies, for the benefit of both ABB and the employee;
- Ensure that required IS PM competencies are developed, and capabilities provided, at locations where are IS projects are needed to run (through Local PM Pool Leaders, internal PM Pools, recruitment, external IS PM sourcing and competencies development via PDA process);
- Ensure each individual IS PMs competencies are updated and tracked in IS PM resource management system.
- At least 5-10 years' experience in people management;
Extensive experience in team building, management, recruiting, coaching, mentoring, assessment and development is a must;
- Excellent planning and organizational skills;
- Strong experience in providing training and competency development;
- General Project Management knowledge in the area of IT/IS, with Project Management experience;
- Knowledge of Project Portfolio Planning area;
- Strong knowledge of HR processes (talents management, acquisition, development, performance, appraisal, leadership development etc.);
- Strong ability to build and sustain relationship on senior management level;
- Strong negotiation, facilitation and consensus building skills;
- Excellent communication skills - ability to communicate with the team and various stakeholders;
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills;
- Good organization, time management, decision making and influencing skills;
- Very strong analytical skills;
- Flexibility, persistence, accompanied by quality and results orientation;
- Ability to work in a global, multicultural work environment and cooperate with virtual teams.