Nuclear Engineering Supervisor - Technical Services Procurement Engineering - Commercial Grade Dedication LabSummary Description
: This position manages the procurement engineering group at the centralized facility in West Palm Beach, Florida. This position drives the fulfillment of procurement engineering requirements in support of the enterprise needs. This position supports fleet wide standardization of procurement engineering programs and facility specific requirements where appropriate.
This position requires a demonstration of proficiency or ability to learn automated purchasing and materials management computer systems (familiarity and ability to use INDUS Passport/Ventyx Asset Suite is desired). This position performs procurement engineering responsibilities discussed below and prior attendance at the EPRI Nuclear Utility Procurement Training is a plus.
Direct experience in the mechanical procurement engineering discipline is preferred. However, direct experience in the electrical, instrumentation and controls procurement engineering discipline will be considered. Key responsibilities include
- Manage and direct a centralized procurement engineering group balancing day to day direction for work priority in support of plant activities and strategic activities from the Manager Procurement Engineering
- Perform performance appraisals, prepare budget requests, manage facility budget and promote Safety Conscious Work Environment (SCWE)
- Provide technical direction to the respective procurement engineering group
- Ensures consistency in application and standardization for procurement engineering evaluations and reviews including classifications, commercial grade dedications, item equivalency evaluations and material analysis wherever possible and appropriate
- Understands procurement concepts and techniques and ensures that all materials and services are procured in accordance with the design basis for the plant and that they meet all technical and quality requirements. Consults with Nuclear Engineering as necessary and appropriate
- Ensures procurement engineering maintains plant configuration control utilizing or initiating appropriate change document (item equivalency or design change)
- Understands and is well versed in nuclear standards and regulatory requirements governing procurement and the role of procurement engineering
- Functions as a liaison to Nuclear Engineering for technical (programmatic) matters, including but not limited to technical qualifications, training and certifications for Procurement Engineers
- Supports processes and procedures appropriate to a fleet wide standardized procurement engineering program
- Working knowledge of the dedication of commercial grade items for use in nuclear safety related applications
- Able to champion and maintain a robust commercial grade dedication program
- Oversee facility dedication of nuclear safety/quality related materials
- Ensure continued growth of the Fleet Centralized Dedication program
- Ensure continued identification of new opportunities for cost savings for the Fleet Centralized Dedication program
- Ensure replacement products maintain original qualification for both environmental and seismic qualifications
- Ensures continued growth of the Enterprise-wide centralized dedication, seismic, reverse engineering, and circuit card repair programs.
- Provides leadership in the development of department personnel.
- Performs supervisory activities with little or no management oversight.
- Support Nuclear's corrective action program
- Working knowledge of nuclear industry standards and regulations
- Demonstrated several years' successful experience leading advanced complex engineering projects
- Bachelors of Science degree in an engineering discipline preferred, but equivalent experience may substitute
- Minimum of eight (8) years of engineering or related experience required
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience in nuclear power generation preferred
- Must satisfy any applicable ANSI standards
- Previous supervisory experience preferred
- Excellent communication, leadership, and interpersonal skills
High School Grad / GED:Required;Bachelors Degree or Equivalent Work Exp:Required;Experience:8 years;