Improve operator and plant performance. Reinforces expectations by being a role model in all settings. Delivers integrated systems and procedures training to instruct employees in plant operations and prepare them for in-plant or control room watch standing. Prepares employees for the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) initial and requalification operator and senior operator licensing examinations. Participate in the design and development of operator training in accordance with the applicable regulatory requirements. Designs, develops, implements and presents integrated systems training and initial operator and requalification training programs; effectively operates the simulator and classroom display instruction system according to Training procedures. Develops, administers, evaluates and records written and oral examinations to include simulator and plant observation, assess operator and operator candidate knowledge of controls and systems. Revise instructional materials to reflect changes in plant design, current plant practices, regulations, and/or operating philosophies. May provide direction to less experienced instructors and function as program lead. Perform other duties as requested or assigned. Support Emergency Planning and Outage duties as assigned.
This position is currently represented by IBEW Local 2150.
- Bachelor's degree in Physical Science specialty, Engineering or equivalent education and/or experience.
- Additional courses in teaching methods together with knowledge of training aids would be helpful.
- Six to eight years of experience in operations and/or training at an operating nuclear power plant.
- One year experience as an instructor preferred.
- Previous Plant experience in plant operations, including control room experience, would be helpful.
- Have or have held a USNRC senior reactor operator (SRO) license or SRO certification required.
- Westinghouse PWR experience highly desired.