Are you looking for an exciting opportunity in a growing industry? Then take a closer look at Vestas. Vestas has a current opening on our SCADA team, supporting remote users and customers out of our Portland, OR headquarters. Start your new career with Vestas and apply.
Vestas Americas Service - US & Canada
American Wind Technology has an immediate opportunity for a technician to support Vestas Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems, including servers, fiber optics, ethernet communications, routers, and switches. The SCADA Technician provides primary support for installation and maintenance of SCADA systems and support to SCADA staff and customers. Technicians field complex questions and inquiries for areas of SCADA performance, behavior and capability.
- Understand, interpret and articulate complex issues and/or how changes made to SCADA hardware layer may impact the wind plant operations, and associated interfaces.
- Installs and maintains communication network to support SCADA operations.
- Support the SCADA staff with technical matters related to the SCADA systems, including responding to complex customer and vendor inquiries, troubleshooting efforts/projects and root-cause analysis.
- Identify, and implement changes to existing documentation, work instructions, technical customer communications and testing methods.
- Support Request for Information (RFIs) in the sales process as well as regular sales calls if detailed technical expertise is required.
- Minimum of 2 years or equivalent experience in installation and maintenance of servers, networks and PLC's. HP Proliant experience a plus.
- Has working knowledge within Microsoft OS, Server and SQL including administrative functionalities.
- Innate knowledge of computer system components and operation (routing,
- Switching and Microsoft operating systems) as used in SCADA environment.
- Cisco certification desired.
- MCSE (Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer) preferred.
- Ability to work with key customers, manage expectations and influence customer satisfaction.
- Presentation skills and public speaking ability. Ability to answer complex technical questions, with some preparation, in a way that technical as well as non-technical audience can understand concepts.
- Strong attention to detail and execution excellence. Multi-tasking a must.
- High level of professionalism and interpersonal communication skills to manage internal/external customer relationships.
- Able to effectively collaborate with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Proven ability to achieve high level results through continuous improvement methodology.
- Goal-oriented individual with a strong drive, who thrives on taking on responsibility and achieving results as part of a team.
What we offer
As a member of the Vestas team, we offer a competitive salary and one of the most comprehensive benefits plans in the industry. Among the many amenities we offer: healthcare; dental; vision; paid time off (PTO); generous 401(k) plan; tuition assistance; and much more.
It is the policy of Vestas to afford equal employment opportunity without regard to age, race, religion, color, gender, or national origin, and to afford equal opportunity to veterans and individuals with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, provincial, or local law. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative within the People & Culture department.
Position is located in Portland, OR.
Travel expectations are up to 25%
WIND. IT MEANS THE WORLD TO US.
By joining Vestas, you join the only global energy company dedicated 100% to wind energy. Together with our customers, we have installed more than 51.000 turbines in over 70 countries, and we remain committed to increase that number via our superior, cost-effective wind technologies, products and services.
Since Vestas was founded in 1979, Vestas has achieved a market-leading position with more than 60 GW of installed wind turbines or around 19% of total global capacity.
Every day, everyone at Vestas works to make Vestas the undisputed global wind leader and the world's energy mix more sustainable - join us, and be part of ensuring a sustainable future for our planet.