Based in San Francisco, Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. And we deliver some of the nation's cleanest energy to our customers in Northern and Central California. For PG&E, "Together, Building a Better California" is not just a slogan. It's the very core of our mission and the scale by which we measure our success. We know that the nearly 16 million people who do business with our company count on our more than 24,000 employees for far more than the delivery of utility services. They, along with every citizen of the state we call home, also expect PG&E to help improve their quality of life, the economic vitality of their communities, and the prospect for a better future fueled by clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the job.
The men and women of Electric Operations ensure the delivery of safe and reliable electric service to our customers. Electric Operations is responsible for every aspect of PG&E's electric distribution and transmission operations, including planning, engineering, maintenance and construction, asset management, business planning, restoration and emergency response.
Develops and delivers training, and emergency simulation drills for Transmission Operations (TO). Serves as a central point of training support for the Grid Operations, Transmission and Substation departments. Manages risk and ensures regulatory training compliance via the initiatives, projects, reports, drills, simulations, and training programs the group produces.
• High School Diploma or GED
• 7 years of relative experience
• Competency in developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
• Competency in planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals
• Competency in making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems
• Competency in operating effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear
• Knowledge of construction and maintenance terminology, processes, and procedures.
• Competency in relating openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people
• Competency in developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization goals
• Competency in building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
• Knowledge of relevant federal, state, and local regulations and laws - for example FERC, NERC, CAISO, CPUC - as needed to perform at the job level
• Competency in making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
• Knowledge of project management theories, concepts, methods, best practices, and techniques as needed to perform at the job level
• Ability to apply project management theories, concepts, methods, best practices, and techniques as needed to perform at the job level
• Competency in adapting approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations
• Competency in interpreting and applying understanding of key financial indicators to make better business decisions
• Skill in making recommendations based on relevant expertise as needed to perform at the job level
• Develops, facilitates and manages the 5-year training plan, based on regulatory requirements and business needs.
• Ensures compliance with legal, Federal and State regulations.
• Creates delivery models, executes delivery, and tracks completion of training for compliance purposes.
• Provides feedback to curriculum design team to improve training.
• Tracks existing metrics that provide data for process measurement, business operations or risk assessment.
• Communicates (oral and written) recommendations and findings internally and externally.
• Participates in Forums as a presenter and discusses experience.
• Gathers feedback on an ongoing basis to ensure that the functional elements of the training meet the client department's needs.